PDA

View Full Version : Butterflies

Veronica
05-25-2005, 07:37 PM
Today at recess duty I watched a kid who was running suddenly veer off to chase a butterfly around the playground. Apparently this is a banner year for butterflies. They were everywhere! It was kind of cool.

On my ride home they were flying along the bike path with me. When one of them decided to turn into me and flew down my shirt! I sort of wiggled my shirt around and he flew out again. I'm glad there was no one on the path with me because I was probably flashing my bra and I'm happy it wasn't a bee!

V.

annie
05-25-2005, 08:19 PM
I'm glad there was no one on the path with me because I was probably flashing my bra and I'm happy it wasn't a bee! V.

Better a bra than a boob?! :rolleyes:

annie

nuthatch
05-26-2005, 03:02 AM
It's cottonwood season here, so yesterday I was riding through clouds of fluff on the way home - kind of like warm snow! Of course, I had to snort them out of my nose when they flew up there!

bikerchick68
05-31-2005, 09:28 AM
it's been an amazing year hasn't it? did you get to see the painted lady migration at all? I think you're in CA right? Just not sure how far north... the Painted Ladies migrated from Mexico, thru San Diego and then on to New Mexico where they stay for the summer apparently... a couple months ago there were so many that they appeared to be a cloud... my bro and I did a 45 mile ride one day and they were everywhere... it was surreal!

and yes, we too, were GLAD they weren't bees!