PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Cycling MP3 classes

allitha
12-03-2008, 01:47 PM
For those (many) days where my schedule never seems to coincide with the spinning class @ the gym, I always thought it would be great if I could have a recorded class accesible on my ipod.
Does anyone know of any good mp3s where a cycling instructor has recorded a class? Thank you!!

Zen
12-03-2008, 01:56 PM
There was a thread on here quite a while ago about lifting the audio from a Spinervals dvd...:rolleyes::confused:

allitha
12-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Thank you zen. ;)

Zen
12-03-2008, 03:56 PM
I couldn't find it, i was hoping it might ring a bell with someone.

kajero
12-04-2008, 07:32 PM
It took me forever to find the the original thread. It's on my other computer (laptop). Next time I boot up I'll post that thread.

I haven't tried any of this yet, but here is what I am looking at. (I spent a lot of time researching this yesterday after reading the post!)

You can get many Studio Cycle Music Workouts with instructions at the site called Iamplify. When you register and activate your account through email, you get a 25% discount coupon.

Search on "DVD extractor" for a program that rips only the audio portion from DVDs. You are supposed to be able to use it on Spinerval DVDs. There are two Spinerval CDs available, but the links to those are on my laptop too.

Here is the link to the old thread: http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=11843.
Other link: http://www.iamplify.com/

Zen
12-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Search on "DVD extractor" for a program that rips only the audio portion from DVDs. You are supposed to be able to use it on Spinerval DVDs. There are two Spinerval CDs available, but the links to those are on my laptop too.

Yeah! That was it! thanks

Here ya go-
http://www.google.com/search?q=DVD+extractor&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS299US300

Miranda
12-05-2008, 04:58 PM
I think you would have to register to the scoop on this (some sections are marked private), but this is a forum that I think has a lot of helpful info too....

http://www.pedal-on.com/

(pedal-on.com in case the link doesn't work)

Meaning one of the instructors on there might be able to guide you to what you seek.

Zeek
12-06-2008, 06:32 AM
Try this forum as well. www.innercycling.com. Good stuff there in the music section. You might want to think about making your own mix.

andtckrtoo
12-07-2008, 08:56 AM
No one mentioned my favorites for a good MP3 ride.

www.itrain.com - their iCycles are the most like a real spin class. I like Keith's voice, too. I have also adapter the iClimbs to the bike. They do have some rap music which I'm not fond of, but that's okay.

Cardio Coach -www.cardiocoach.com - Coach Sean O'Malley offers varying length interval training. They are really designed for any equipment (bike, treadmill, elliptical...), but I love them on my trainer. They do tend to be rather "inspirational" (not religious - but he says things like "You have a choice in your actions - you can choose actions that will lead you six feet under, or 6000 feet into the sky.") But, he also has the knack to put encouragement right when you need it. I enjoy him.

roadie gal
12-07-2008, 09:10 AM
I think Spinervals is offering MP3 downloads now, too.

kajero
12-08-2008, 12:03 PM
I read some negative reviews for iAmplify. www.itrain.com had much more positive ones. I am going to try theirs. If these MP3s work out, I will be very happy!

Irulan
01-15-2009, 01:17 PM
I copied my son's trance and dance club library onto my ipod and set the thing to shuffle, works great for intervals. I know the cadence and zones I want, and it' super easy to click through real quick if the wrong things comes up.

Point is, i didn't have to get anything cycle "specific". :o

Dogmama
01-16-2009, 03:31 AM
I copied my son's trance and dance club library onto my ipod and set the thing to shuffle, works great for intervals. I know the cadence and zones I want, and it' super easy to click through real quick if the wrong things comes up.

Point is, i didn't have to get anything cycle "specific". :o

+1

I'd rather mix my own. I can use the songs that really inspire me.

pulch21
02-06-2009, 10:43 AM
A lot of the Schwinn Master Trainers will post their playlists as well as what to do during those songs on iTunes.
Go to iTunes, click iMix and search: Schwinn Cycling
You can choose to download the whole playlist, or just certain songs. It's great!