PDA

View Full Version : Instant Blueberry ice cream

KkAllez
05-22-2005, 08:33 PM
I eat this everyday. I keep bags of frozen blueberries on hand.

1/2 cup of frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
1 packet of Splenda
Pour just enough soy milk, or skim milk, or fat free half-n-half to cover the berries.

Viola! The liquid freezes almost instantly around the blueberries and makes a nice sorbet type slush. Yummy, cheap, easy, and very good for your brain!

Sometimes I mix in frozen strawberries and raspberries, and they will require another packet or two of Splenda as they tend to be fairly tart.

kerrybelle
07-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Sounds great. A 1/3 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries a day is very benefical to your brain! I just went to a seminar about the aging brain. Blueberries, not cooked though, are very good for you. Just thought I'd pass along the info.

Kerry

RoadRaven
07-10-2005, 01:06 AM
Mmm... blueberries
And my poor brain needs all the help it can get...
Roll on summer and I am sure I will be eating more than 1/3 cup per day

:p

MomOnBike
07-10-2005, 08:20 PM
This reminds me of how we used to make frozen yoghurt.

(If I remember correctly)

One quart size container vanilla yoghurt.
One can blueberries. (I don't remember if we poured off the juice or not)

Pour both into the ice cream freezer and crank 'til done.

Gee, that stuff was good, we might just have to experiment and try to get it right again.

trigurl
07-11-2005, 09:18 AM
I made something the other day that was great!!! I love yogurt and pudding, I mixed sugar free cheesecake pudding with about a cup of milk and dissolved it then added in 2 containers of f/f s/f blueberry yogurt and chilled, tastes like blueberry cheesecake! OR mix the pudding mix with 1 cup milk and stir in a small container of strawberry cool whip! OMG that was good.

My other favorite is s/f chocolate pudding and black cherry yogurt :D mmmmm, I am glad it is lunch time, that made me hungry

emily_in_nc
07-11-2005, 05:13 PM
I eat this everyday. I keep bags of frozen blueberries on hand.
1/2 cup of frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
1 packet of Splenda
Pour just enough soy milk, or skim milk, or fat free half-n-half to cover the berries.

Yum...I will definitely try this with my almond milk - hubby always has frozen blueberries as he eats them daily, but I am a bit lax. We always have Splenda on hand. Great idea - thanks for sharing! :p

Emily

profàvélo
08-09-2005, 05:55 AM
In a blender:

1/2 cup vanilla soy milk (or whatever milk you prefer)
1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup frozen blueberries

and voilà...blueberry smoothie.

I also like to mix frozen blueberries and frozen bananas*; I'm sure there are other good fruit combos for this.

(*when my bananas get too ripe, I cut them into chunks and put them in a container in the freezer, and then use the chunks in smoothies)