PDA

View Full Version : Bee in my bra

KkAllez
05-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Ok, this isn't a long drawn out saga but for a few moments today caused quite the adventure. I was just near the crest of a winding killer hill, actually begging my body to keep going so I wouldn't have to just get off and walk the darn bike up (headwind, and 16 miles of climbing in 93 degree heat had done me in) when I got this small bee in bra. I felt a thunk, then a sting. It didn't register until I rubbed the stinging part of my boob, rolled the bee around to now the bottom part of my boob for another sting. Just as I lifted my shirt and bra to roll the nasty little beast out of my bra a semi truck passes me on the road. I can only hope he didn't see my 36Bee stung boob!

But hey! I crested the hill without getting off my bike. My boob stung all the way home. So, yet another thing to pack in my handlebar bag, a little tube of benadryl cream or maybe some camphophenique!

BikeMomma
05-22-2005, 11:35 PM
You have my admiration....I would have freaked out! I only had my very first bee sting this year, can you believe it? Thank goodness I wasn't stung on the boob -- mine was on my upper lip. At least now I know I'm not allergic, but I still don't like the things near me. I nearly panic when one comes around me. :eek:

AutumnBreez
05-23-2005, 05:20 AM
Very cute....hope you are not too traumatized from the incident with the trucker seeing your 36Bee.

Thankfully I have not gotten stung yet, just a few that have hit me (but no sting) various places just not in my shirt. I keep it zipped up to top. Now I am glad I do after reading this.

MomOnBike
05-23-2005, 05:43 AM
Not to be too technical, or anything, but your, um, passenger sounds like it was a small wasp, not a bee. Bees are only good for one sting each, but wasps can sting as often as their little mean hearts desire. (And boy, do some of them desire)

Still, 36Bee is a great choice of words. Wish I'd thought of it.

KkAllez
05-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Not to be too technical, or anything, but your, um, passenger sounds like it was a small wasp, not a bee. Bees are only good for one sting each, but wasps can sting as often as their little mean hearts desire. (And boy, do some of them desire)

Still, 36Bee is a great choice of words. Wish I'd thought of it.

You are probably right. By the time I rolled that little sucker all over my boob trying to mash/rid myself of it, all I could tell was it was small and it stung. The first sting is red and tender and sort of stiff all around it and it itches. The other areas aren't as bad as the first.

CorsairMac
05-23-2005, 02:01 PM
Just curious - by the time the wasp was done stinging you - were your 36Bees 36Cees??

Sorry - the devil made me ask! :rolleyes:

KkAllez
05-23-2005, 07:03 PM
Too funny! I was lopsided. :eek:

annie
05-24-2005, 05:41 AM
A new, non-surgical method of breast augmentation?? :p

I've had a bee/wasp fly down my bra top, too. Riding in a group, past houses, but what do you do??!! :eek: You can't just let the thing keep stinging! Without even thinking, I whipped up one side of the bra and let the little stinger fly free. Only after did I realize I'd flashed my fellow riders plus the guy sitting out in front of his house. Oh well - not much there to see anyway, and better than multiple stings! Other than the pain of the sting, it was all pretty funny. I still get teased about it whenever we go past that particular spot.
The swelling from the bite was not enough to convince me to find a bee for the other side to equalize things. :rolleyes:

annie

massbikebabe
05-24-2005, 06:58 AM
ROTFLMAO!!!

but sadly, I would have been dead...I am very allergic to all things that sting!

effulgent
05-24-2005, 07:41 AM
One good thing has come out of the sting - it has inspired me to get a small First Aid kit for my seat bag. Most come with a sting relief pad. :) Plus if I start riding solo, I want to be prepared in case I injure myself.

KkAllez
05-24-2005, 11:57 AM
One good thing has come out of the sting - it has inspired me to get a small First Aid kit for my seat bag. Most come with a sting relief pad. :) Plus if I start riding solo, I want to be prepared in case I injure myself.

hey! Good idea!

Nice to see another Texan. Too bad we don't live closer we could ride together.

Being stung unfolds like this:

1. you feel a twack
2. you feel a sting
3. your brain kicks in "OH MY GOD I'M BEING STUNG!"
4. you lose all self dignity and will flip that boob out anywhere! :eek:

helenajoy
03-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Bee sting uhhh! very pathetic. I have had several cases of bee sting with me and I am allergic to bee stings as well. However one solution that which is more traditional is to rub iron on stung area it prevents swelling in that area but since I am allergic I need to attend a doctor as soon as possible.

Bike Writer
05-03-2011, 04:22 AM
Similar story on a golf course a few years ago, it took some time but finally your #3 and #4 kicked in. Watched the wasp fly out after multiple stings.

bmccasland
05-03-2011, 06:04 AM
hey! Good idea!

Nice to see another Texan. Too bad we don't live closer we could ride together.

Being stung unfolds like this:

1. you feel a twack
2. you feel a sting
3. your brain kicks in "OH MY GOD I'M BEING STUNG!"
4. you lose all self dignity and will flip that boob out anywhere! :eek:

Like Massbikebabe and Helenajoy - I need step #5 - epipen. I carry mine in my back pocket.
Funny thing, after an allergic reaction to food, my doc ordered a blood test and to use a known positive, she ordered the hymnoptera group test. We found out I'm not allergic to bees, but I am allergic to wasps.

FlyingScot
05-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Similar thing happened to me on a rather busy road. Wasp flew into my jersey (thwack! then the stinging commenced). I hastily un-clipped and threw my bike in the ditch then danced around trying to get it out. Had to resort to stripping down to my bra on the side of the road!!! I'm pretty sure I looked like a complete whack-job...half-naked, jumping up and down and flailing wildy. Lucky I didn't get arrested! :eek:

PamNY
05-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Whoa, bee in the bra is an adventure for sure. Thanks for the reminder -- I need to pack some Benadryl for summer.

ClockworkOrange
05-04-2011, 11:15 PM
........................... I felt a thunk, then a sting. It didn't register until I rubbed the stinging part of my boob, rolled the bee around to now the bottom part of my boob for another sting. Just as I lifted my shirt and bra to roll the nasty little beast out of my bra a semi truck passes me on the road. I can only hope he didn't see my 36Bee stung boob!

That was a classic story, so glad you posted it, couldn't stop laughing, in fact I slopped coffee over my laptop!

Also pleased you got up that hill! :)