winter clothing! =)

Biciclista
11-30-2008, 06:36 AM
like what?
and what size?

letsride89
11-30-2008, 06:43 AM
mmm XS or S would be perfect

well, to giveyou an idea of what i have been wearing....
this is me being a goober on thanksgiving night, preparing for a ride...

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9509/dscf0129sph0.th.jpg (http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0129sph0.jpg)

as you can see, this is my first winter riding. lol

those are yoga pants, mittins, a pink snow cap, my dads black socks, underarmer, 3 jerseys, and a rain jacket from the ms150.

Biciclista
11-30-2008, 07:10 AM
bummer, I'm a medium. I have some nearly never worn base layer stuff you might could use.

that picture of you is so tiny i can hardly see it.

letsride89
11-30-2008, 07:12 AM
oh, i think you have to click on it to view the full size....

what kind of base layer stuff do you have????

Biciclista
11-30-2008, 07:19 AM
for free (you pay postage)
I have a women's SMALL (that's right!)
top and bottom black "long johns" they're polyester and attract lint. They are warm and not too bulky. Since I have cats AND I am a slob I can't keep the lint off them.
I can wash and dry them and mail them. I have probably worn them once.

i clicked on the image and it showed me a blank box and links and stuff. Oh, my pop up blocker was protecting me. THERE you are

letsride89
11-30-2008, 07:58 AM
im in oklahoma! wat would postage be?

Tri Girl
11-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Have you tried local thrift stores or Goodwill? I live in OKC, and there are a couple stores that I frequent that I've found good winter wear for cycling. I got a great wool sweater that I wear when it's really cold, and I've found two Under Armour l/s shirts, a thick pair of fleece lined tights and a few jerseys (granted, I have to sometimes search and hunt, but it beats paying retail and since I've gone "green" I won't buy most new things anymore anyway :rolleyes:). There is one consignment shop near a really ritzy part of town where all the rich ladies drop off their clothes that they've only worn once or twice (or sometimes not at all) that I find some great deals on nearly new workout wear.
Not that this idea's for everyone, just thought I'd throw it out there. I've gone hippy- what can I say?

And, I'd offer you some of my stuff I don't wear, but I'm a really large lady compared to you. :)

letsride89
11-30-2008, 11:37 AM
thats a great idea! i haven't looked in athletic clothing in consignment stores! although i am an avid thrift store shopper!!! thanks for the post! youre sweet!

BleeckerSt_Girl
11-30-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm medium-large so I can't help you with clothing, sorry.
But one thing I'll say- you do need to get a thinner head covering that will not make your helmet ride so high up on your head. Thick knitted hats are no good- looking at your picture, your helmet is not sufficiently protecting your head.
Try a balaclava or a helmet liner or skullcap. It might be one item you should consider actually purchasing, for safety's sake.
Try looking at the head wear here at TE to get some ideas- click on the link at the top of this page that says "click to shop". There are some good sales going on right now at TE, too!

letsride89
11-30-2008, 12:00 PM
no worries, went to the lbs and got pearlizumi ear covers

Biciclista
11-30-2008, 07:25 PM
so I guess you do not want my base layer like new REI black top and bottom for the price of the postage?

malkin
12-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Your helmet does look a little high, but you don't look any sillier than any other winter riders. Are you warm enough?

Tuckervill
12-04-2008, 05:14 AM
so I guess you do not want my base layer like new REI black top and bottom for the price of the postage?

She said she was in Oklahoma and wanted to know the price of postage. It was a tiny post, easy to miss.

im in oklahoma! wat would postage be?

letsride89
12-04-2008, 05:26 AM
aw tucker, your sweet lol thanks. i PMed her and emailed her, so hopefully she gets back to me!

zencadence
12-06-2008, 07:32 AM
I'm a size L usually, and i am still trying to figure out the winter gear. i live in austin, so it doesn't get all that cold, but i'm still pretty sure that my jersey and shorts won't cut it. i'm psyched about the thrift shop idea (i'm a grad student on a verrry tight budget). does anyone have any old stuff they don't wear anymore?

fidlfreek
12-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Hey, I get a lot of noncycling specific stuff at like Ross and TJmaxx. Ross has cheaper prices (like $8 Nike sports bras, $10 underarmer shirts *AWESOME*) but you really have to take a lot of time and dig dig dig because they aren't organized. TJ Maxx is a few dollars more per item but much more organized. For instance, I bought my dad (also biker) a womens XL Nike running pullover at TJMaxx for $35. It is perfect for cycling because it has a 1/2 zip, holes in the sleeves for your thumbs so theres no pesky glove gap, and is windproof on the front and sides. You just have to look. They frequently have windproof vests too if you look. If you're a bigger size go check out the mens section because they often have long sleeve shirts in smaller sizes.