PDA

View Full Version : Way to go fastdogs

bike4ever
11-23-2008, 08:47 AM
I wanted to give Vickie (fastdogs) a big shout out for her ride yesterday. Team Revolution (women's cycling club in St Louis) had our first annual Women's Mountain Bike Festival at Berryman this weekend. We had 13 women out riding some challenging trails. Vickie did an awesome job. There was little she didn't ride over. Thanks for coming and watch for more rides.

I'll post a ride write up later with some pictures.

singletrackmind
11-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Yay Vickie!
(I knew you could do it!)

fastdogs
11-23-2008, 03:52 PM
awww, thanks. i had so much fun and felt very welcome and had so much encouragement and help from this group. The trail was wonderful, although I am a bit disapointed in myself that I didn't complete it. I felt like my legs were shot, and even if I could make it up the hills I'd probably crash just from fatigue. Its conditioning- and I know what I've got to work on now!!! Even the hills on that never-ending dirt road back to the trailhead were killing me.
I can't wait to hear about the rest of the ride! I hated to leave before you guys got back so I could thank you all for the wonderful day I had. Great weather, great trail, and great people to ride with.
vickie

bike4ever
11-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Vickie - The rest of the trail wasn't any more technical than you had already completed. There were three very long, windy climbs that whooped many a butt!! We all realized that we should have packed some sandwiches before heading out since we ended up being out over 4 hours.