PDA

View Full Version : New Model of SMP Saddle

Andrea
11-12-2008, 09:38 AM
I just noticed yesterday that Selle SMP now has "lady" versions of most of their saddles (I'm pretty sure that they're just different colors- white w/pink and black w/pink) .

More importantly, they've added one called the "Lite 209." It's slightly wider/longer than the Glider model, but looks to be built on the same shell, so the nose is not as wide as the "Pro" model, which is the next size up. It's also not as padded as the Pro. I'm thinking about trying one out if I can get it through the Cbike demo program because the Pro that I tried was too wide in the nose, and the Glider was barely too narrow in the rear.

Oh yeah, they've got carbon-railed saddles, now, too, but I don't think that rails are a great place to apply carbon fiber technology.

EDIT: I just checked w/Cbike & they said that the Lite 209 will not be available for demo. CRAP! I don't have the $$ to shell out for one that I may have to resale... though they do hold value pretty well... Anyone know of any other SMP demo programs?

mayanorange
11-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Hmmm, I think it's kinda lame they just reissued them all in pink. It'd be nice to have more options for us wide pelvised ladies, but alas.

I got my SMP at Landry's and they were willing to take it back if I hated it. I went through about 8 different saddles from them before I had them order me a SMP.

alpinerabbit
11-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Unless I am totally blind there is no difference between the regular and lady models. that would be super lame.

I have a regular glider and am totally happy with it, can ride 190k, half of it in aero position, without any aftermath. or middlemath. or math 101. Meaning: no pain.
It took some getting used to but now it's all good.

DBF just switched too.

Andrea
11-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Unless I am totally blind there is no difference between the regular and lady models. that would be super lame.

I have a regular glider and am totally happy with it, can ride 190k, half of it in aero position, without any aftermath. or middlemath. or math 101. Meaning: no pain.
It took some getting used to but now it's all good.

DBF just switched too.

I rode a glider for a little while & found that it felt barely too narrow for me, so I'm really wanting to try the Lite209. I was surprised by the Glider because I normally don't feel comfortable on anything <145mm wide. I think it was the way that it spread the sitting pressure to other areas of the pelvis... or something like that

alpinerabbit
11-12-2008, 01:02 PM
I *think* the trick is that on an SMP, you are not only sitting on your ischial tuberosities, but also forward of same, on the bony ledge of your, well, birth canal.

so you can handle something a bit narrower than usual.

Andrea
11-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Well, I pulled the trigger on one of these. Nonstop ciclismo on ebay had them on sale for $233 & free shipping. I haven't noticed ANY used ones showing up, so hopefully, if I don't like it, I can get a good portion of my money back by reselling.

mayanorange
04-04-2009, 06:53 AM
Hey SMP lovers, they're making the TRK in brown now! I was just looking at options of more old-school looking saddles that would still fit and not be leather, and voila!! I'm so excited!

http://www.nonstopciclismo.com/products/SMPTRKLLE_SM.jpg