PDA

View Full Version : Trying again... I'm going out for a South SJ ride this Sat.

slinkedog
05-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Anyone interested in joining me? I'll try to do about 30 - 35 miles. Probably do my standard Calero/Chesbro or Calero/Uvas out and back. Thinking of trying Shannon Rd. to Los Gatos and back, which would be shorter, but more climbing.

snapdragen
05-18-2005, 03:50 PM
No riding for me until this stupid elbow thing is over. Or as the doc says "sure, ride your bike, if you can do it without squeezing your brakes...." Doc is a smartass....

slinkedog
05-18-2005, 04:00 PM
How are you feeling, Snap? Will you be able to join us on Memorial Day, maybe?

SadieKate
05-18-2005, 04:04 PM
No riding for me until this stupid elbow thing is over. Or as the doc says "sure, ride your bike, if you can do it without squeezing your brakes...." Doc is a smartass....If you plan an uphill only ride think how virtuous you'll feel and how you can laud it over the rest of us who think half of every ride should be downhill! So, ride up Mt Ham and have someone get you at the top.

snapdragen
05-18-2005, 06:30 PM
I'm hoping to make the Memorial Day ride. I'm really babying my arm right now - not using it for anything! My backup person at work is doing all the heavy work, so I essentially sit at my desk and read email and the TE boards! I can't grip or lift anything with my left hand (as in lifting a water bottle or carton of milk). Friends at work keep scolding me for not wearing a sling.

600 mg of vitamin I with every meal and at bedtime seems to be helping bunches. I hate the bandy thing I wear around my forearm, near the elbow, but I guess it helps. I may wear it on my first ride, for the support. (ooh, what an attractive tan line that'll leave....)

spazzdog
05-18-2005, 07:51 PM
OK, once again I've missed something...

Snap honey, what happened to your eblow?

spazz - who had "tennis eblow" once also, but not from tennis :D I had to get a cortizone shot in mine... that was owww-ee!

snapdragen
05-18-2005, 09:14 PM
You got it - tennis elbow. I'm desperately trying to avoid the cortizone...

slinkedog
05-18-2005, 09:39 PM
I really hope you're feeling 100% again soon, Snap! Do you have any idea how you ended up with this malady?

snapdragen
05-19-2005, 07:38 AM
The god awful downhills on the Top Hat. I hate twisty downhills like that, so I was gripping my handlebars too tight. Probably the #1 reason I won't ride Top Hat again. :rolleyes:

slinkedog
05-19-2005, 07:48 AM
Beelzebub Boulevard will miss you. :)

cindysue
05-21-2005, 07:15 AM
Have fun today Shannon! It's a beautiful day!!!!!!!!!

slinkedog
05-21-2005, 07:15 AM
Thanks! I'm leaving pretty soon to try and beat the headwinds!! :) Are you at work or home?

cindysue
05-21-2005, 07:18 AM
i didnt work last night. Went out w/ BF and his visiting friends. Whoo, Hangover this morning...........

Trek420
05-21-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm getting off to a bit of a late start. I plan to get out there and ride later on, but need to clean the bike thuroughly first.

Baaaaaad Trek, rode "Menace" in the rain on BTWD, rode yesterday I could hear the clicking in the works. I must get the gunk outa the gears and/or get a winter bike.

A clean bike is a happy bike. 8-)

What are the details again on next weekend?

slinkedog
05-21-2005, 09:03 AM
Me too. DH is sleeping in... he works for a start up and has been pulling very long days (after midnight) all week. So I can't leave until he wakes up.

Let me know if you want to meet up somewhere or ride from my house. :)

Details for next weekend aren't solid yet, but I'm pretty sure we're doing Monday from our house. I need to consult with you and Janet on the best route and how far. I know there are some of us who would like to do a shorter, easier ride, and some who would surely appreciate a few really good climbs. Blaine and I were thinking of having a split-off group go do some climbs on the way back from the loop as Hicks is kind of on the way home from the reservoirs. What do you think?

Trek420
05-21-2005, 09:57 AM
Split off sounds good, then I could see if I feel like an easier ride or just not hold up the pack just decide which way to turn.

Oooh, my bike's getting cleaner, she's so puhrty may have to ride later. ;)