PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow I get my new bike!!

theladybikes
05-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Just had to share it with someone - tomorrow I trade in my Cannondale hybrid for my new Specialized Sequioa Elite... can't wait to get out there and ride! I've joined the local bike club and will be trying to fit in about 3 rides a week - prepping for the Seattle Danskin - my first triathlon (mini).
Love all these changes in life!

KkAllez
05-17-2005, 09:20 PM
How exciting! My son has a Specialized Sequioa Elite. He loves it. I wish it weren't too tall for me or I'd use it since most of the year he is away at military school. Very nice bike!

Happy riding!

CorsairMac
05-17-2005, 10:06 PM
I'm so excited for you! do you have a way to post pixs??.......we wanna see!! and do you have a name for he/she/it yet? or do you need to wait to ride before the name comes to you??

Corsair "I Love it when people get new bikes" Mac

SandyLS
05-18-2005, 04:29 AM
Enjoy your new ride! The Sequoia is one of the bikes I test rode this spring when I was shopping for my first road bike. It is a great bike. I almost ordered one but decided to go with a steel bike. I liked the set up of the Sequoia with the different hand positions it offered. That extra brake is a great idea too. My thought was that it would be a very comfortable bike for long rides. Let us know how your first ride goes.
Sandy

theladybikes
05-18-2005, 10:01 PM
Yes - I brought her home today... Specialized Sequioa Elite with 2 water bottle cages, Specialized bottles, new riding shoes with clipless pedals - the works! I rode her just a bit - Fast and Easy to ride. I knew she was mine the first time I got on her - kind of like when you look at a pair of pants and you just KNOW they are going to fit well... ya know?
Anyway, my first long ride won't be til the week-end - will have to come up with a sweet name... will let you all know.
Thanks for sharing this with me!

anaphase
05-21-2005, 05:54 AM
That's awesome. Glad you love it. Quick question: Had you ridden clipless before, or did you just get them now? Did you find it hard to adjust to them?