PDA

View Full Version : Recipe Please? Honey Cornbread

SadieKate
10-30-2008, 10:50 AM
We've been asked to bring cornbread to a chili feed tomorrow night, but I only like the kind with lots of honey. Anyone have a good recipe to share?

BleeckerSt_Girl
10-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Here are some honey cornbread recipes:
honey cornbread (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&fkt=2731&fsdt=17749&q=honey+cornbread+recipe&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=)
But I have not tried any of them.
I made regular cornbread just last night to eat with the bean soup I made for dinner! :)
It's all gone already- disappeared in a flash. :p
Tonight I'm going to make some real buttermilk biscuits...made some a few days ago and I have to use the rest of the buttermilk up.

SadieKate
10-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks, can I get recommendations for personally tested recipes? Ones you've tried and would make again?

Veronica
10-30-2008, 11:08 AM
I use Trader Joes mix. I don't know if it has honey or not. But I like it because it makes a moist cornbread.

Veronica

snapdragen
10-30-2008, 11:54 AM
This is the one I use -- no honey though, and it's biscuits.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/recipe.aspx?recipeID=32406&Source=SearchResultPage&terms=cornbread

1 3/4 cups cornmeal
1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs, slightly beaten

1. Heat oven to 400°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups, or grease bottoms only of muffin cups with shortening.
2. In large bowl, stir all ingredients until blended. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
3. Bake muffins 14 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to wire rack.

High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 425°F. Use 1 1/4 cups buttermilk

BleeckerSt_Girl
10-30-2008, 12:09 PM
This is the one I use -- no honey though, and it's biscuits.

Biscuits & muffins are very practical for potluck/buffet style public events- you don't have to cut crumbly squares up and have them come apart as people dig in and pick them up- easier for them to just grab a muffin or biscuit and put it on their plate. :)