View Full Version : Moonlight memorial ride in DC Nov 7th

Cataboo
10-28-2008, 06:18 AM
I saw this posted on craigslist:

Moonlight Memorial EcoTour Ride
Friday, November 7, 2008
START: Tenleytown/AU Metro (Red Line) station elevator
Gather at 8:00PM - Rides starts at 9:00 PM

An evening 15 mile Touring Ride. All levels. Ride begins at 9:00 pm. See our Nation's Capitol as few have at night with illuminated granite buildings, quiet streets, easy parking, and low traffic will contribute to an experience that will long be remembered. Cycle by the Nation’s Capitol, ride along the Mall past the Smithsonian Museums, the Washington Monument, Vietnam Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, flights from Reagan National over Haines Point, then ride along the banks of the serene rippling nighttime Potomac on the way back to the ride start. Enjoy hot drinks from Starbucks while waiting for the ride start.

Pre-ride registration 8:00-9:00 pm at Tenleytown/AU Metro (Red Line) station elevator. Participants will be given a cue sheet at registration and receive limited emergency mechanical support from roving mechanics on bikes, but organizers request that bikes be in working shape before beginning the ride. Helmets are required. Bikes must be equipped with working lights, and organizers will have some available at wholesale cost. Support provided by Mt Airy Bicycles/College Park Bicycles. In case of rain, ride cancelled. For information, call Greg Drury at 202-686-9813. For pre-registration, email Lisa Campbell at lisac750@msn.com or leave a message at 703-669-0229. For additional information visit www.bike123.com Directions for driving or riding to Tenleytown-AU Metro station at 4501 Wisconsin Ave, NW, go to www.wmata.com/metrorail/Stations/station.cfm?station=10 .
Please be aware the ride is on city streets and NOT closed to traffic.

Kalidurga
10-28-2008, 06:24 AM
Aw, man. That really makes me wish 1) that I had lights for my bike and 2) that I didn't have to get up early to fly to Floriday on the 8th. Sounds like a whole lotta (probably chilly :eek: ) fun. If anyone does the ride, I wanna hear all about it.

Sounds like they cribbed the route divingbiker created for us, though ;)

divingbiker
10-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Sounds fun. I might have to think about it, but I think I'd be up past my bedtime!

Velobambina
10-28-2008, 09:22 AM
The way things are going around here from a weather perspective, it might be SNOWED or ICED out. Remember the big Vet's Day snow in '87?

If it's not really cold that night, my DH and I might do it. I think we can take our bikes on metro that time of night....