PDA

View Full Version : Specalized saddles

assassin__x
10-29-2002, 07:00 PM
I wanted a Serfas saddle on my new mountain bike that I got this weekend but was stuck with a Specalized body geometry one (in toronto for one day, didn't have the time to seek saddles from other stores and I wanted to ride it immediatly, the Bontrager saddle orignaly on it was pretty bad even during the test ride).

My question is that while my sensetive bits remained unharmed while riding it for the first time tonight, my arse got really sore (my first time for that). The sales man said that after two weeks this wouldn't be a problem. So is that fact or fiction??

not that I have any alternatives other than Canadian Tire in the town I'm living in for bike stuff, so I'll keep riding it for a while regadless.

Kpicha
11-01-2002, 06:28 PM
Yep, its a fact, but it took me about a month to break mine in- I don't ride very often (unfortunately) but once its broken in, its a great saddle. I thought I would never usea another saddle but since I got a new bike I use a Wylder Callisto now and its even more comfortable than the Specialized.

Cheers,
Kristina

ramona
11-10-2002, 03:07 PM
I have a Serfa that I love. No break-in period at all. I originally had it on my mtn bike, now on my road bike. I'm not sure of the model, though it's a woman's, and has an RX "button" towards the front of the saddle. The thing I like about this particular model is that the hole in the middle is larger than others I've seen so I'm able to "nestle in" if you get my drift. I do about 18-26 miles commuting/day. Haven't done more than about 40 miles in a stint, but this one is great. Good luck finding one....R

massbikebabe
05-18-2004, 02:11 PM
belive it or not I actually love the Bontrager Saddle. I got this saddle when I bought my 5200 WSD Trek and liked it right away.
My husband and son liked the saddles also and went down to the LBS and each purchased one...weird huh?

karen