PDA

View Full Version : Fuji Bordeaux

Beth-Ro
05-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Hello everyone!

I've looked and looked around the internet for reviews/opinions of the 2005 Fuji Bordeaux road bike. Having found none, I now come out of lurking mode to ask the most intelligent of women-type masses...is there anyone here with an opinion? It is an entry-level type road bike (that's me!) Here are the details:

FRAMESET: Fuji Altair 2, 7000 Series Aluminum Frame

FORK: Fuji Carbon Road Fork with Cro-Moly Steerer

DRIVETRAIN: Shimano Tiagra/105 with FSA Gossamer Crankset, 30/42/52T Chainrings

WHEELSET: Alex AKX Rims

COCKPIT: Fuji Superlite

SIZE: XS (44), S (48), M (51), L (54)

COLOR: Fused Blue

WEIGHT: 19.6 lbs

Is there anyone here riding this bike? If so, how do you like it? It seems like it has pretty good components for the money ( $900.00, US).

My next question is this...Will I know when I try the bike that is for me? Will there be an Ah Hah! moment, or will this be a best-guess situation? I've tested several road bikes, but I don't have a great sense of what I'm looking for. I've been riding a mtn bike on the road (this is hilly country) and I would like to upgrade to a road bike so that greater distances and speeds will be in my grasp. I have no aspirations for racing, but I would like to try local events like the assault on Marion and Blood, Sweat, and Gears (in NC).

So, any Fuji riders out there?

Thanks!

CorsairMac
05-14-2005, 05:05 PM
This is gonna crack some of the ladies up but anyway:

I've don't own a Fuji but I've ridden a vintage one and I gotta tell ya, the minute I climbed on it, it felt like slipping my hand into a well-fitting leather glove. It fit like a dream and I'm lusting after that bike. Unfortunately, the bike belongs to my buddys wife and although she doesn't ride it, she's not ready to give it up yet.
Are you buying it from a place where you can test ride other bikes??.....like someone here said, it's like buying a car - make sure you test ride a few before you make your final decision.

Corsair "yeah I seem to keep riding vintage bikes" Mac

preeder
08-08-2005, 05:07 PM
I've been riding a Fuji Newest for the past two years. This is the earlier version of what you are considering. It has been a great little bike, but I've done quite a big of upgrading--The Tiagra components are very servicable, but I upgraded everything to 105 and found a difference in shifting. The Newest also didn't have a carbon fork--I upgraded there also. My riding has improved remarkably over the past two years and I'm looking at purchasing a ti Merlin--not because I need it, but just because I want it. If you've not yet purchased the Corsair--my Newest will probably be for sale at the end of this week (August 8) for $700 plus shipping. With upgrades, I've invested $1500 in the past two years. Just replaced the tires with Michelin Pro Racers two weeks ago. Mail me back off list at preeder@columbus.rr.com if you are interested or want more info about Fuji bikes. Pat Reeder