PDA

View Full Version : Adding to my jersey collection

spazzdog
05-12-2005, 05:15 AM
As those of you who've visited my website know, I have a thing for fun jerseys... well, I've just acquired a couple more. Thanks to jobob for pointing me to the Rottweeler one. And Snap... one of them is right up your alley girlfriend.

snapdragen
05-12-2005, 07:20 AM
Alright, where'd you get it?!?!?!?!?!

slinkedog
05-12-2005, 07:59 AM
Spazz... LOVE EM! Where did you find those? They're so funny!

spazzdog
05-12-2005, 12:08 PM
They're all men's small, race cut. And I got 'em on ebay...

The Martini I'm in the lead on with bidding, should know tomorrow, so I'm a bit premature in anouncing it's inclusion.

spazz

CorsairMac
05-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Very nice Spazz....I Love the Rottwheeler and the Martini one!...I thought of you the other day - Sugoi (sp) has a womens jersey out right now that is right up your alley!....it was hanging on a rack at one of my LBS's right as I walked in the door. It looks like a Kilm or a Picasso jersey, my first thought??...Spazz needs that one!!

http://www.sugoi.com/consumer/product.aspx?sectionStyleID=6131&color=SUB

spazzdog
05-13-2005, 04:12 AM
oh! that is very very nice. however, i need to keep my jersey buying down to ebay prices as i'm watching my $$. Rottweelers and Mengoni I only paid $12-$14 USD. Starting school full time in Sept (after 30 yr absece from college... no, not grad, bachelors) and just started working a min wage + comm gig at Radio Shack.

Another really really cool job is on the horizon, but I'm not talking about it until I actualy get it... don't want to jinx it. Only one person knows and she ain't talkin'... right deets? I'll keep y'all posted. Should know in a couple of weeks.

snapdragen
05-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Checked out ebay - I'm tellin' ya girl, if I was littler we'd have a bidding war going on! Hope you get it.. :D

spazzdog
05-13-2005, 12:29 PM
i came home to an "outbid" notice... you came to mind :( i had to up my bid. i certainly hope i'm not bidding against a TE grrl. that'd be cause for drastic email actions :eek:

they had the jersey in the more endowed sizes too i think... but they are mens not womens.

snapdragen
05-13-2005, 12:47 PM
i came home to an "outbid" notice... you came to mind :( i had to up my bid. i certainly hope i'm not bidding against a TE grrl. that'd be cause for drastic email actions :eek:

they had the jersey in the more endowed sizes too i think... but they are mens not womens.

:eek: No, I would not do that. I couldn't find any bigger sizes for the Martini jersey....

spazzdog
05-13-2005, 01:10 PM
i could've sworn i saw others, but i just searched again and no dice.

sorry snap! brain like a sieve, that would be me :cool:

spazz

emily_in_nc
05-13-2005, 03:10 PM

Spazz ~ if you want to increase your chances of getting that jersey, I highly recommend esnipe.com. I believe the first few snipes are free when you sign up (and even after that, it's incredibly cheap - you can buy a ton of snipe bucks for $5). I have won about 95% of the items I have bid on using it. I know some are against sniping on eBay, but when you just GOTTA have something....!

Good luck in your jersey quest!

Emily

spazzdog
05-13-2005, 03:24 PM
what the heck is sniping?

snapdragen
05-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Sniping: Someone coming in at the last minute and out bidding you.

spazzdog
05-14-2005, 03:05 AM
oh... thanks. i'll do my own sniping, not gonna pay another svc.

plus... if i'm meant to have it, i'll get it... you know :cool:

Using the esnipe thing doesn't feel right (for me)... like getting someone else to take the test for me so i get a better grade.

spazz, shufflin' her feet like the dork she is

emily_in_nc
05-14-2005, 08:39 AM
Fair 'nuff. I know some people are purists and don't believe in sniping services. The reason I started using one is that a lot of the auctions I was interested in ended at weird times, like in the middle of the night on the east coast, or in the middle of my work day. I just couldn't be around at the end of the auction to bid so would lose out, since the very end of the auction is often when a lot of the outbidding takes place. So, I let esnipe bid for me (with 6 seconds to go in the auction), and I win most things I really want. It may not be nice, but a lot of other bidders are using these services, so I figured I'd up my odds of actually winning a bid.

If you choose to do it yourself, the three main tips I've read over and over again about buying on eBay (and really believe in) are:

1. Bid only once.
2. Bid as late in the auction as you are comfortable with.
3. Bid your absolute max.

If you bid early, it only increases interest in the item and drives up the price. As an eBay seller, I LOVE early bids, but as a buyer, I never make 'em. Most early bidders tend to be pretty new to eBay. More experienced eBayers have learned the three rules above, in most cases. Try it! And good luck with the jersey!

Emily

spazzdog
05-14-2005, 08:59 AM
thanks emily! appreciate the tips...

:cool: spazz

snapdragen
05-14-2005, 09:25 AM
Another thing I do is decide what my max is, and bid that. Sometimes I don't really expect to win, and can be surprised, thus the Schwinn Spin Bike sitting in my den......

slinkedog
05-17-2005, 06:26 AM
Spazz... did you get the Martini jersey?

spazzdog
05-17-2005, 01:14 PM
got the martini AND this great one too

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7155648359&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

I'll get all the new ones up on my site as soon as I have some time.

slinkedog
05-17-2005, 01:23 PM
Okay, I love the martini one, but that Martian one is THE BEST!! I gotta start looking on ebay more often! That cartoon of Bugs with the Martian is one of my faves. Now if I could find one with Bugs as the Barber of Seville, I'd be really happy!

Surlygirl
05-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Pismo beach at last!
Love the martian shirt!

CorsairMac
05-17-2005, 02:24 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=66811&item=7156756286&rd=1

It's a Men M but there ya go Snap!! ;)

CorsairMac
05-17-2005, 09:16 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2855&item=5196400307&rd=1

Well this is all Spazz's fault - I was enjoying so much the jerseys she was buying on EBay I went over to see what's what and guess what I found?? So everyone cross your fingers for me - here's hoping no one else in their right mind would want a vintage Team Peugeot Jersey (to go with their vintage Peugeot bike!) :D

PS: saw my ex-racer buddy tonight and he bought some STI shifters Sat to put on the vintage Trek he's building out for me, so I guess that IS going to happen after all. (the blue one remember?!) And a good friend of mine just had a visit from a friend of hers in Co that has 2 vintage Treks she picked up at the Thrift Shop she works at and wants me to come get them!! It's raining bikes at my house!! :eek: :cool: :D

nuthatch
05-18-2005, 03:29 AM
Oh, Corsair, that's a mighty fine looking jersey! I sure hope you get it - it would look great against Allez's red!

You know, you could have a potential little business there reclaiming old thoroughbreds and rebuilding them for folks looking to ride old steel (very popular right now!) I'll be happy to quit my job and travel the nation looking for old bikes in every nook and cranny for you! HA!

spazzdog
05-18-2005, 05:58 AM
nice Corsair... very nice. good luck!

I think this thread was a pretty good idea. I hope everybody will post their nifty jersey acquisitions here.

spazz

wabisabi
05-18-2005, 10:18 AM
Oy, I wish I hadn't seen these. I am such a sucker for vintage jerseys.

CorsairMac
05-18-2005, 09:14 PM
well I'm now the proud owner of a bouncing - oops, make that a more refined vintage Team Peugeot jersey!! It was also my first Ebay experience but I can see how people could become addicted to Ebay!
Like the new avatar Wabisabi and yes I know what you mean, I've already starting eyeing some of the other vintage jerseys there - some of them are awesome! But I thought I'd wait for this one to show up and see how the fit was before I bought another one.

nuthatch
05-19-2005, 02:59 AM
Congratulations, Corsair! Let us know how it fits - I guess there aren't many "women's fit" vintage jerseys, are there? I bet it will make you feel FAST!!!

spazzdog
05-19-2005, 03:15 AM
way to go corsair!

hey... if it doesn't fit sell it on ebay :D

spazz

wabisabi
05-19-2005, 08:11 AM
hey, thanks, CM. Post a picture! I found one of my fav jerseys on eb, it is nice wool on the inside and a wind resisting poly on the outside, and matches my retro looking Riv.