PDA

View Full Version : 10/6 Ride Reports

Blueberry
10-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Today was the last 80ish day we are supposed to have for a while, so I did 20.76 on the Tobacco Trail (and there and back). The leaves are just falling enough tha tI get to hear the occasional crackle under my tire. Lovely. Also got to help a box turtle cross the path:)

CA

TrekTheKaty
10-06-2008, 01:19 PM
We wandered off in a new direction. My sister road "on the road" for the first time. It was hilly and we only did 23 miles, but it was fun. Later that evening, my BIL called and said he's in for the century next weekend! YIKES! If I had known that, I would have gone LONG! Also got my first road rash, taking a spill when my front tire got in a seam in the road--proud of my bruises today :-)

tulip
10-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Today was the last 80ish day we are supposed to have for a while, so I did 20.76 on the Tobacco Trail (and there and back). The leaves are just falling enough tha tI get to hear the occasional crackle under my tire. Lovely. Also got to help a box turtle cross the path:)

CA

Great report, CA, and a great trail. One of these days we'll ride it! I love helping turtles, too.

Blueberry
10-06-2008, 02:01 PM
One of these days we'll ride it! I love helping turtles, too.

Definitely! Hopefully the stars will align one of these days;) (as an aside, I think we're doing Capital to Capital in VA next spring with our neighbors).

This was a cutie - a very old turtle with the shell to show it. I'm sure he could tell some stories. A couple of years ago I found a baby in almost the same place:)

CA