PDA

View Full Version : Bike rentals in MD?

TxDoc
10-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Hey ladies,
any recommendations on shops that have rental road bikes in the Cambridge/Easton area? I'm going in two weeks and hope to find some time to relax away from the meetings... :)
Thanks!

aicabsolut
10-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Hmm, I don't know any shops that do rentals, but you could try contacting this Pax Velo for some information on cycling in that area: http://www.paxvelo.com/

There's also a club in Annapolis that does some weekend rides out in Davidsonville.

There are probably more shops around Annapolis (Capital Bicycle, Bike Doctor, etc.), but I can' think of any that rent.

withm
10-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Here are the bike shops in that neighborhood. There may be more but these are the ones I know about. I live about 75 miles east of that area so may not know them all.

I can say that a couple years ago I was very greatful to Wheel Doctor one day when I was with 2 other women and we had a rash of flat tires and were out of tubes. He had gone into the shop to "work on the books" or "inventory" or something - (but really to watch some football game on cable since he didn't have cable at home.) He took pity on 3 women peering in his windows and let us in and sold us tubes so we could continue our ride. I have no experience with any of the others but you can give a call and see if they can rent anything for you.

What are your dates for this trip? And what size bike do you need? I'll be riding over that way in a couple weeks myself - maybe I can help out. PM me.

Martha

1. Easton Cycle & Sports
(410) 822-7433
723 Goldsborough St, Easton, MD
www.eastoncycleandsport.com

2. Bike Doctors of Easton
(410) 820-9107
210 Marlboro Ave, Easton, MD

3. Wheel Doctor Cycle & Sport
(410) 745-6676
1013 S Talbot St, #16, St Michaels, MD

4. Cambridge Cycle & Sport
(410) 901-8380
109 Cedar St, Cambridge, MD

TxDoc
10-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks everyone, I will try and call those shops. I will be in MD from 10-20 to 10-24, and then in DC for a few days. Hope that I don't have to sit in the meetings all day, and that I can find some time to ride :)

7rider
10-12-2008, 03:36 AM
Ooo...
If you're in D.C. for a few day...perhaps we can get another Tour of D.C. going...as we have when other TE friends have visited our fair area!
Others have rented bikes from Bike The Sites (http://www.bikethesites.com/) (no need to be on their organized tour).
How many days is "a few days"? (I have plans on the 25th, but will be around on the 26th).

Kalidurga
10-12-2008, 04:59 AM
I'd love to add Eastern Market (http://www.easternmarket.net/) to our next DC Tour. Though that would definitely make for a longer day, and folks would definitely need panniers &/or backpacks...

TxDoc
10-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Will be around Cambridge and Easton from 10/21 to 10/24, and in DC from 10/25 to 10/28. Most of the time in DC I guess I'll be in the meeting - but I'd like to escape for a little bit here and there ;)
I guess I need to look at the meeting agenda and make plans for some free time :D

withm
10-26-2008, 02:35 PM
...I can say that a couple years ago I was very greatful to Wheel Doctor one day when I was with 2 other women and we had a rash of flat tires and were out of tubes. He had gone into the shop to "work on the books" or "inventory" or something - (but really to watch some football game on cable since he didn't have cable at home.) He took pity on 3 women peering in his windows and let us in and sold us tubes so we could continue our ride. I have no experience with any of the others but you can give a call and see if they can rent anything for you.

3. Wheel Doctor Cycle & Sport
(410) 745-6676
1013 S Talbot St, #16, St Michaels, MD

So sorry to report that Wheel Doctor is no more. I stopped in there on Friday and the store was a great big empty. Phone is disconnected. Don't know what happened - guess he just went out of business. It's too bad.