PDA

View Full Version : Diablo - May 13

SadieKate
05-10-2005, 07:37 AM
Since you girls hijacked my Napa thread I figured I better just start one on this Friday's ride.

Bubba and I are in. Whatever time makes yawl happy. Just let us know when and where.

Yellow, should I reserve your seat in the back of the bike bus? Do you want to go down early and do anything? We've got the whole entire (better be) sunny day.

yellow
05-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Reserve my seat.

So if we're converging at 4:00, then what time do I need to be at the bus station?

And since I have no idea what's what over in that part of the world, I leave it to others to work out the details.

Given that I'm planning on doing this now, I'm not sure I want to move Slug to Saturday since I'll need Saturday to prepare for Sunday. I'' give it until tomorrow, when I'll check the weather again.

Sooooooooooo many places to ride.

SadieKate
05-10-2005, 12:24 PM
Yellow,

V and Fluffy have also reserved seats with a pick-up time in Antioch at 3 pm. Thom will meet us at the confluence of . . . whatever. No one has made a decision yet. How about Arbolado to cut down on riding with Friday afternoon commuters?

We're thinking a bit of din-din some place after but we won't keep you out too late.

How about we plan to leave Davis at 2 and we'll leisurely go the scenic way down 113.

Veronica
05-10-2005, 12:31 PM
T will have Fluffy already. So it will be just me.

V.

aka_kim
05-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Arbolado at 4. I'll be there. :) And I want to hear what's going on with our AV jerseys. Wah, such a long wait until they're done.

cindysue
05-10-2005, 07:14 PM
I'll be at Arbolado at 4pm, unless my final project gets the better of me.

I'm looking forward to din din and chit chat about gears :)

snapdragen
05-10-2005, 07:25 PM
sniff, sniff. snap wants to whine her way up, but darnnit - I've got plans to go to Benihana's with a bunch of drunken county employees that day.... :eek: :D

SadieKate
05-10-2005, 08:50 PM
Perhaps I should start a separate thread, but here goes for now. I tried on a bunch of Terry jerseys which the Voler reps thought would be good models. They had a friend over (HillSlug - this was Linda of Linda and Rob of Team in Training) who is also built like us more avg folk (as opposed to a 0% body fat racer chick). These 2 jerseys fit beautifully and rose to the top of the heap for fit and length. They hope that in a month they'll have prototypes for us to try on.

http://www.teamestrogen.com/products.asp?pID=13937

http://www.terrybicycles.com/detail.html?c=Apparel&sc=Cycling+Tops&item_no=1957

Friday I go back to work with the Voler Rep on the artwork, so I hope I have a rough handdrawn sketch this weekend, but I really don't have a clue how all this works yet. We concentrated on jersey fit right now. Problem is that now that I tried on the Velocity jersey, I want one!!!!

SadieKate
05-10-2005, 08:51 PM
sniff, sniff. snap wants to whine her way up, but darnnit - I've got plans to go to Benihana's with a bunch of drunken county employees that day.... :eek: :DAaaa, tell 'em you've been offered a better opportunity. ;)

yellow
05-11-2005, 11:32 AM
sniff, sniff. snap wants to whine her way up, but darnnit - I've got plans to go to Benihana's with a bunch of drunken county employees that day.... :eek: :D

And...I'm an employee of a different county and could possibly be drunken at the post ride dinner.

So isn't that consistent?

SadieKate
05-13-2005, 12:06 PM
It is simply stunning up here but what is Diablo like? Is Bubba going to have a meltdown?

Maybe we should load some ice in CindySue's trailer.

aka_kim
05-13-2005, 12:13 PM
It is warm right now -- mid to upper 70s. Temp at the summit is 64.

We may all have a meltdown, since none of us is used to the heat. If CindySue carries the ice, and Veronica the drinks, we should be fine. :)

SadieKate
05-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Oh, good. It's 80 in Davis and still going up.

V, I'd like a Sapphire & Tonic please, heavy on the lime. CindySue, I'll bring the icechest for you. :D :D

Veronica
05-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Sorry girls I left the big bag at home. :p

V.

SadieKate
05-13-2005, 12:41 PM
Sorry girls I left the big bag at home. :p

V.Durn, might just have to keep that ever so-bootiful Top Hat t-shirt.

cindysue
05-13-2005, 02:17 PM
trailer is ready. Shaken but not stirred, please.

cindysue
05-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Hey,

I must have missed you guys. I'm not even sure if I ended up at the right park. I'd never been there before and it looks like there are two roads that
I may have confused.

How was your ride and dinner afterward? Darn! I really wanted to talk Bubba's ear off about the gears, and meet you fine ladies!

The ride with the trailer went well. It didn't take me much more time to get to the junction then w/o it. I thought about waiting for you all at the junction, but it was pretty early and I figured you'd be another 1/2 hour at least. Man was it hot, or what?

Next time!

P.S. we should exchange numbers next time. And a map!

SadieKate
05-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Oh, good. You're OK. We were worried about you. Did you go up Northgate Rd or Southgate?

slinkedog
05-14-2005, 07:38 AM
Hey Cindy... glad you had a good ride in spite of missing everyone. What a bummer! I'm just about to leave for my ride... the first time I've been on the road on my bike in a month!!! Hope I don't pass out.

aka_kim
05-14-2005, 09:25 AM
I'm not even sure if I ended up at the right park. I'd never been there before and it looks like there are two roads that I may have confused.
Sorry about the mixup. Here's a map (http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=arbolado+park&csz=walnut+creek%2C+ca&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=) for next time! We meet in the second parking lot (near Sutton).

yellow
05-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Here are a few of the better shots from the day.

(scratch that...see my post below)

It was an awesome awesome ride with the exception of some BBQ pork effects. :( So sorry we missed Cindy. Next time, because I KNOW there will be a next time!

Happy happy,
y

p.s. sorry, but I just am having trouble with this whole image thang...

slinkedog
05-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Yellow... when I click on the links it can't find the server. :confused:

cindysue
05-14-2005, 03:34 PM
Sorry about the mixup. Here's a map (http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=arbolado+park&csz=walnut+creek%2C+ca&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=) for next time! We meet in the second parking lot (near Sutton).

Oh gee wiz! I was way off. OK, next time!

cindysue
05-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Yellow... when I click on the links it can't find the server. :confused:

ditto.............

yellow
05-14-2005, 03:58 PM
OK...should be fixed.

Sorry about that. :o

CorsairMac
05-14-2005, 04:43 PM
nope still not yello....I just tried too. :o

SadieKate
05-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Yellow, did you make your album public? I always forget to do that.

yellow
05-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Yah, it was "public", but it was in the Briefcase, which is maybe why the link keeps breaking (I check it before I post and it works but then something seems to happen).

So here are links in a photo album. I like the Briefcase better 'cause you don't get all that other garbage on the right. Oh well.

SadieKate (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/suelizlee/detail?.dir=/3307&.dnm=45e2.jpg)

Bubba (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/suelizlee/detail?.dir=/3307&.dnm=40cf.jpg)

yellow & Hotrod (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/suelizlee/detail?.dir=/3307&.dnm=679c.jpg)

And if this doesn't work then ferget it. :mad:

Veronica
05-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Yay! I see them now!

V.

SadieKate
05-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Yipee! Actually, I kind of like my back pocket sign. Everyone should have one. :p

I've had lots of probems with the Briefcase, so blame it on Yahoo.

Bike Goddess
05-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the pics,Yellow! If we can't go at least we can see! :o :o

cindysue
05-15-2005, 11:01 AM
nice pics - thanks for sharing!

CorsairMac
05-16-2005, 12:59 PM
I saw them Yellow!! very nice.....I'm jealous ya'll are already in sleeveless jerseys!!

slinkedog
05-16-2005, 01:01 PM
Yay... I can see them now! Great pics... looks like it was hot!!