PDA

View Full Version : Midwest to L.A

midtoLA09
09-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Hi Ladies,

A female cycling friend recommended i post this on here.

I'll be riding from Central Illinois to L.A meeting up with other large cyclist and multi-sport athletes ("Clydesdales and Athenas"). I'll be shooting a fitness/wellness
show while on the road. I will blog and upload professional video and each stop along the way.I'm also working on finding a charity that people can send donations to directly.Biggest loser is great! but not everyone can escape to a training facility. I'll show people that work 9-5 and are "In Progress" instead of just showing the end result.

I'd like to find a few more interested riders men and women or If your just interested in meeting up when i (hopefully i'll be able to say We) come thru that's great also. I would like to hear your story.

Take Care,

Chris

mtkitchn
10-08-2008, 11:16 AM
What route will you be taking?

midtoLA09
10-08-2008, 10:15 PM
What route will you be taking?

The route is still being hashed out at the moment. The plan was taking the Southwest Missouri,Oklahoma,Texas,NM,AZ

We are looking forward to meeting people along the way and sharing stories/experiences.

badgercat
10-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Sounds like it will be a fantastic trip! How soon will you be starting?

My boyfriend and I are in AZ and he's a Clyde cyclist so we'll look forward to hearing more about your plans. Maybe we'll see you when you pass through our corner of the country. :)

Good luck!

Tuckervill
10-09-2008, 06:45 AM
I'm in Northwest Arkansas. Put me on your "people nearby to contact in an emergency" list when you are traveling through from Springfield MO to Tulsa. I'm usually around and available and willing to travel.

Karen

Tuckervill
10-09-2008, 06:46 AM
Oh wait, you're IN southwest Missouri? That's your starting point? Whereabouts?

Karen

mtkitchn
10-09-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm in Phoenix and would be interested in riding or meeting up with you guys.

Tri Girl
10-09-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm in OKC, and might be interested in riding part of the trip with you. When you finalize your route, be sure to let us know. Sounds like it would be fun to join you for part of it.

midtoLA09
10-09-2008, 09:42 PM
I appreciate everyone's interest!! We will keep everyone updated as more info comes forward.

I'm looking forward to this Journey.

You ladies kick butt!

Chris

keepclimbing
01-10-2009, 06:51 PM
I'm in St. Louis. Would love to meet you, host you, and ride awhile.

midtoLA09
04-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Well!!

After planning and talking this out, I'm part of a small group riding from L.A to Boston this summer.
(My Midwest to L.A, didn't quite work). Now! i have some motivated individuals that made this a reality and we'll see you on the road soon! They have expanded the concept quite a bit! Instead of just being about fitness we're hoping to show all aspects of what cycling can do for everyone!

Thank you Again for the past support! I hope you'll Join the Cycle and perhaps meet with us in your area!

Our mission is to inspire others to ride bicycles as a primary form of transportation. A bicycle offers the most efficient and environmentally-friendly form of transport for local travel.
Try it out! Bike to work, bike to school, bike as a family, bike with friends. In small or large ways, your bike can become part of your daily routine.
A community that cycles promotes: healthy citizens, less traffic congestion, bike-friendly streets, cleaner air & less reliance on fossil fuels. The only way to start this chain of events is to Join the Cycle and start riding! We envision a future where urban planning makes bicycle travel a priority, where communities provide safe routes for riders of all ages, and where cyclists and motorists share the streets.