PDA

View Full Version : Free Shimano road shoes size 39

Tri Girl
09-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Ok, so they're free, but they sure 'aint pretty. :rolleyes:
I bought them off eBay, and they weren't in the condition that I was promised. The leather is wearing thin, and on my first ride, the sole came off the bottom of the shoe. I used Gorilla Glue to put it back on (and I was apparently not neat about it, because it's oozing out the back and hard as a rock).
Sooo... they're not pretty, but you can wear them on the trainer during the long winter rides you'll be doing indoors, or you can bring them to spin class where it's dark and nobody will see them. ;)
Speedplay cleats not included.

Please just pay for shipping. Depending on your zip code, I'll let you know how much it'll be to ship. I'm guessing somewhere around $7-8.
Please pay with PAYPAL only. Thanks! :)

greycoral
09-29-2008, 12:41 PM
would they work with SPD cleats?

Tri Girl
09-29-2008, 03:15 PM
I think it would if you had an adapter, but not in it's current state. It has 3 holes in a large triangle shape. It doesn't have the traditional spd attachment holes. I had to have an adapter to put my speedplay cleats on there, but that adapter wouldn't work for spd either.

greycoral
09-29-2008, 03:28 PM
oh well. I actually picked up a used pair of shoes today, so i don't need them after all :) thanks for the freebie offer though, I'm sure someone else will pick em up!

fidlfreek
10-13-2008, 05:07 PM
not cool that the ebay seller wasn't honest! do you mind sharing who they were so we can be warned....