PDA

View Full Version : Lance at Gloucester??

wavedancer
09-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Rumor has it that Lance my be doing some 'cross racing this year. http://www.velonews.com/article/83533/

Should be fun to see! I haven't signed up yet, am toying with the idea of riding there again this year, Lance or no. It was a blast last year and a beautiful setting, even if I'm riding by myself off the back getting lapped multiple times :D.

I am late getting started this year. My first 'cross race is in two weeks. SheFly and VooDoo Sally have been racing, though. Where are those exciting race reports??

Drtgirl
09-25-2008, 08:33 PM
I hear Lancey-pants got spanked at Cross Vegas...doh! It's good for him to lose once a while, right? Keeps his ego in check. I think it's cool that he's getting and trying other things like marathons, endurance mountain biking and now cross.

SheFly
09-29-2008, 08:54 AM
According to the man himself, he will not be at Gloucester - it's his kid's birthday that weekend (although this may just be a ruse to keep the throngs away...).

DH and I just got back from Vegas. "Spanked" is a pretty harsh word for someone who isn't really a 'cross racer, and still finished in the chase group with folks like Adam Myerson... Yes, he crashed, yes, his remounts looked like mine (aka - NOT GOOD!), but he was out there giving it his all in a stacked field. It was kind of fun to watch, and I was glad that it wasn't all Lance, all the time by the announcers.

Linda - the race reports are coming. I've been traveling and have been swamped at work! Hope to see you at Gloucester, or maybe Coonamesset this weekend.

SheFly

trigirlpink
09-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Say it isn't so! I'm volunteering both Sat and Sunday and even offered up my podium girl skills if need be hoping Lancy was comin'. :D:D

SheFly
09-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Say it isn't so! I'm volunteering both Sat and Sunday and even offered up my podium girl skills if need be hoping Lancy was comin'. :D:D

What? Not racing? What are you chicken? :D Know that I mean that in the nicest possible way... When are you gonna get on that 'cross bike woman???

SheFly

trigirlpink
09-29-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm workin' on it!

After I saw Sally burnin' up the course at Bedford I was foaming at the mouth.....

I think I made her forget how painful the race was if only for a few seconds
when she would go by me and I was ringin' my cow bell and being a goofy
cheerleader.

I felt left out...:(

Will go out this week for the first time to see if it bothers my bad foot or
the tendonitits in my left arm. Oh Joy.
:rolleyes:

Voodoo Sally
09-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Thanks for cheerin' me on, Trigirlpink! You certainly brought a smile to my face on that dismal day. I think I was the one foaming at the mouth, from the mud on my face.

trinena
09-30-2008, 05:25 PM
After the race I was taking a pic of 2nd place winner Tim Johnson and didn't realize that Lance was to my right. I swear I heard him say "I need to go hurl" as he passed behind me. Here's a pic of the media madness. The announcers (Dave Toll was one, in the pic) did give attention to all the riders.