PDA

View Full Version : advice on Ti bellybutton ring?

goodcatjack
10-21-2002, 12:31 PM
Hi Alex,
Thanks for asking. Its a bit off-topic, but sure, go ahead and post your
question.

Thanks,
Jeff

--------- T E A M E S T R O G E N --------
women's cycling clothing and accessories

so:

I'm looking into getting my girlfriend a bellybutton ring (bananabell, to be specific) that has something vaguely to do with me, and I was thinking about a titanium one. you know, kinda bike-y. OTOH, I don't really know where to go, and online searches tend to yield pretty sketchy looking companies.

any advice out there on this? or other suggestions?

thanks in advance!

--alex.

pennys
10-22-2002, 07:41 AM
I'd reserach this... my internist (MD) friend tell me that although popular, belly button peircings can rupture some of the abdominal skin wiht pregnancy. She's seen it. Really bad stretch marks if nothing else.

penny s

goodcatjack
10-22-2002, 11:59 AM
umn, yikes. I'll definitely tell her about that.

OTOH, she's 21, already has the piercing (I just want to get her one with an association with me), and neither of us have the slightest desire to have kids, besides which it's one of those things which tend to close up pretty fast. do you know if these women who're experiencing these issues are pregnant WITH the piercings, or was it something in their past that reared its ugly head, as it were?

thanks for the reply, btw.

--alex.

assassin__x
10-24-2002, 07:31 PM
Hey, I was looking for some body jewlery for my sister a couple weeks ago. You can get some of the stuff in great materials, amber, wood, bone. These were a larger gauge than what I'd wager your girlfriend has (gauges 8 and 6 if that means anything to you), but gives an idea of what's out there.

The other thing that I learned from my sister is that it would appear that many of the stores carry the same sort of selection (she's in Halifax and I was looking in Edmonton, I found nothing new for her). When I was looking I just went to a couple of peircing places and saw what they had, and they hauled out the catalouge they order from (which they could order anything from for me).

So, it didn't much matter what place I went to, or what they had in stock, because they would all order the same stuff for me. Go to a place like this and see if what you're looking for is in their catalouge, if not you may be out of luck.