PDA

View Full Version : Advice on triathlon suits??

aussietrihard
05-07-2005, 03:06 AM
Hi all,

Just wondering if you could please give me some advice on tri suits as i am looking to buy one shortly. It is still pretty warm is Australia at the moment so I dont want anything too thick (not a wetsuit).

Any suggestions of brands (that are not too expensive) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Aussietrihard!

KSH
05-17-2005, 05:51 PM
Well, I too am looking for a tri suit. Honestly, what I found on this website... compares in price and brand... to what I have round elsewhere cruising the internet.

I went to another site... but they didn't show the back of the tri suit, and they didn't give the inseam length (which is important to me!). The details weren't there either, describing the suit.

I will say that this website ships quick (even with the cheapest shipping method), and returns are quick and easy too.

Mind you, I do not work for "TE"... I am just talking about my experiences.

Yea... now, I just have to be willing to spend $100+ for a suit I might not wear that often! I have a tri June 18, 2005... but nothing else on the calendar for the rest of the year!

trigurl
05-18-2005, 10:11 AM
tri (hehehehe) DeSoto, they have sales sometimes and you can get a trisuit for under $60! I don't have one but have been looking at these for when I do buy one. I bought some tri shorts to see how they feel so I may just buy the top later - altho I would prefer a one piece. And no the shorts are not comfy to wear for everyday riding :( not enough padding.

KSH
05-25-2005, 06:07 PM
tri (hehehehe) DeSoto, they have sales sometimes and you can get a trisuit for under $60! I don't have one but have been looking at these for when I do buy one. I bought some tri shorts to see how they feel so I may just buy the top later - altho I would prefer a one piece. And no the shorts are not comfy to wear for everyday riding :( not enough padding.

OK... bought a TYR... the seam does up the crotch... with the padding on either side of the seam, it gives the appearance of super camel-toe.

So... I went to the Desoto site and found shorts with NO seam up the middle (I guess someone figured out how horrible it looks and feels!), and a top to go with. Total price around $90.

I will give a report on these items once they arrive.

spazzdog
05-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Tri-Zone has everything a triathlete could ever want or need. Not sure of the crotch seam thing as I've never shopped for a wetsuit.

http://www.tri-zone.com

spazz-o-shopper

KSH
05-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Tri-Zone has everything a triathlete could ever want or need. Not sure of the crotch seam thing as I've never shopped for a wetsuit.

http://www.tri-zone.com

spazz-o-shopper

Yea... I think I have been to that site????

Oh, and the crotch seam I am mentioning are on the shorts and one-piece racing suits. It really is a horrible design.

Thank goodness Desoto realized that and made shorts without it! Now, I just hope they fit!