PDA

View Full Version : Anyone is riding North Fork Century on Sunday 8/24?

martinkap
08-23-2008, 02:29 PM
My very unreliabable riding buddy decided to ride 25miles instead of century (!), so I am left alone.

It is my first century, I am riding fixie and I don't know anyone. I am afraid. Let me refrase that: I AM SCARED SH*^LESS!

Seriously, I am a nice and interesting person, I have bunch motorcycle, academia, life and travelling stories, I ride reasonably fast (17mph on flat average), I trained for the century the whole summer and I am very independent. I just don't want to ride alone. I want to have someone to talk to once in a while (I am actually not very chatty), have someone to hang out at the pit stops (or whatever you call those), etc. 6-7 hours riding by myself can get little boring.

So, would you let me ride with your group?

Thanks,

Martina

F8th637
08-23-2008, 04:47 PM
My husband and I were going to do the ride but are no longer doing it. My best friend is doing it but I don't think he's doing the century.

You will be fine! There's a sense of camaraderie at these things. You'll make friends with someone there if you just make small talk with someone. I hope you find someone to ride with. Don't let it deter you from reaching your goal of completing the ride! Good luck!

Zen
08-23-2008, 06:09 PM
Yes, +1 to what F8th said :)

martinkap
08-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Thank you all - I will let you know how it worked out.