PDA

View Full Version : Any riders or club members in North Central WV?

GraysonKelly
08-21-2008, 09:02 PM
The title pretty much says it all. I am just wondering if there is anyone out there on the forum who knows of a club or would be willing to ride with a pretty green cyclist for some longer rides in North Central WV or Southwestern PA like the Pittsburgh area. Let me know.
Take care,
Gray

Kalidurga
08-22-2008, 05:15 AM
Welcome to the forum, Gray. I only get out that way once a year, unfortunately, but hopefully there are some other TE'ers who can join you.

Where out thataways do you ride?

aicabsolut
08-22-2008, 07:09 AM
Are you near Morgantown?

GraysonKelly
08-22-2008, 09:05 AM
I live in Morgantown, WV. Right now I'm riding the rail trail either to masontown, WV (preston county) or toward Fairmont (I haven't made it all the way to Fairmont and back yet, but II'm getting there). I also go down to Charleston, WV where my family is about 2-3 times a month and ride a very convoluted path through there. Charleston is not the problem, finding a safe place on the road to ride in Morgantown is. Thanks for the help.
Gray

Blueberry
08-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Maybe take a look at some of these:

http://www.mapmyride.com/find-ride/united-states/wv/morgantown

Also, it looks like there are a couple of bike shops near you - they should have some route recommendations.

CA

Kalidurga
08-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Are you looking for places to ride, or people to ride with? If you're looking for places, the Great Allegheny Passage rail-trail runs from Pittsburgh to Cumberland, MD, and is fantastic.

I may have to swing down and check out Morgantown when I'm in western MD in October.