PDA

View Full Version : Just had to sign a condolence card....

sfa
08-15-2008, 08:33 AM
....for some people I know through work. Their 15 year old son was killed this week on his bike. This doesn't really count as "crazy driver" since the boy, unfortunately, was at fault--he was riding his bike up and down Ed and Kathy's driveway (which is really long) and for some reason decided to go into the street to turn around. He was hit and dragged a few feet by a van and died on the scene. He wasn't wearing a helmet, but I'm not sure if it would have made that much of a difference in this case. I'm just sick for them.

Sarah

Blueberry
08-15-2008, 08:40 AM
Hugs to you and to them. Unfortunately (and not that it should make anyone feel better), but accidents do happen. We all need to remember to 1) be careful and 2) wear our helmets no matter how far we're going or not going.

CA

Iris616
08-15-2008, 09:17 AM
How terribly sad for every one. Healing thoughts to all who knew him, especially his classmates.

sundial
08-15-2008, 12:34 PM
What a tragedy for the family. It's so heartbreaking to lose a child in a senseless and untimely death. :( :( :(

andtckrtoo
08-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Oh man! I'm sorry for him and his parents, family, friends... I cannot even imagine the pain they are going through. I have a 15 yo daughter who cycles and her being hit (whether it be her fault or not) is one of my biggest nightmares. She cycles as her main form of transportation, and is a safe rider, but a parent worries and not all drivers pay attention.

pardes
08-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Such sorrow for the parents, the driver, and anyone who knows of it. Bless us all.