PDA

View Full Version : River Ride (Northern Neck Virginia)

tulip
08-12-2008, 11:53 AM
This is a great ride in Chesapeake Bay country. I'll be there again this year.

The Northern Neck is about 1.5 hour drive northeast of Richmond. Roads are good, traffic is light, the route is FLAT (although it can be windy), and the scenery is beautiful--farms, water, Bay towns. It's put on by the Bike Virginia folks and is well-organized.

http://www.riverride.org/

Blueberry
08-13-2008, 08:15 AM
That looks really cool! Any idea what the route length options are? For some reason, the website isn't playing well with my computer.

CA

tulip
08-13-2008, 08:38 AM
From the website (the Click To Register part flashes, but if you click anyways it takes you there).

Northern Neck

River Ride
Kilmarnock, Virginia
September 26 - 28, 2008

Virginia's Northern Neck, "the Garden of Virginia", serves as the host for the 2nd Annual Northern Neck RiverRide. Come tour this special and unique peninsula located between the Rappahannock and Potomac Rivers with 700 cycling enthusiasts.

Mark Saturday, September 27th on your calendar and celebrate the conclusion of National Century Month with an English, Metric, Half One-Third or Quarter Century along the flat back roads of the Northern Neck.

CA-it's about a 4-hour drive from your house FYI. Let me know if you want directions.

Blueberry
08-13-2008, 08:42 AM
I don't think I was fast enough to actually click it - though I did try:) (and I just figured out the distances were in the rapidly moving text - got it:))

I'll talk to V about it and see what his thoughts are. Usually, if it's a ride, he's the first one in:)

CA

tulip
08-13-2008, 08:54 AM
lodging can be tricky if you don't want to camp (but y'all are campers, right?). Nice campground on the water--bring your kayaks!

Blueberry
08-13-2008, 08:56 AM
Yep - we'll camp happily (so long as there are showers - looks like there are!). Hmmm...kayaking and biking....:)

Mistie
09-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Kilmarnock is about 10 mins from my Grandma's house! I had no idea they had a ride down there. I know it is pretty flat though! I'm calling my Grandma tomorrow about this and possible lodging (and her home cooking....)

ASammy1
09-03-2008, 06:14 AM
It's about 2 hours from me in Virginia Beach, but looks like a ton of fun!

tulip
09-04-2008, 08:59 AM
I hope you all can make it! We had a joint ride with the Richmond bike club last weekend--60 people showed up! A great time was had by all.