PDA

View Full Version : Newbie considering a triathlon

juliemcd
08-12-2008, 10:53 AM
As an avid runner and new road biker, I'm considering signing up for a triathlon next year, and I was wondering if any TE ladies could recommend good training programs and well as good events for newbies in the DC/NoVa area. I would especially need work on my swimming--which I'm not really good at all.

Is anyone familiar with the DC Triathlon Club? The membership price is reasonable, and they appear to have events for all levels.
Thanks...

aicabsolut
08-12-2008, 11:53 AM
My BF knows some of the Team Z people http://www.triteamz.com/index.php. They seem to have all levels and a decent coach. I am not familiar with the other clubs. There are a ton of sprint tris in this area, so those seem like a good place to start.

HillSlugger
08-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Welcome to triathlon! There are lots of triathlons in the NoVA area and down towards Richmond. You can find them on trifind.com. You may want to look at BeginnerTriathlete.com. It's a good place for logging your training and for access to training plans. There's also a great community there. Several of us from TE are over there, too (me, KSH, Kelownagirl, Light_Sab_r, KimmyT). Around here the season runs from late April through early October.

juliemcd
08-13-2008, 03:34 AM
Thanks very much, this info is so helpful.