PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for training partner in Coeur d' Alene, ID

EmeraldMoon
04-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Hi,
I want to start doing some long distance riding and am looking for a training partner or someone to just bike with on some rides. The longest I've gone so far is from Stateline to CdA during the blazing July sun and it wasn't too bad. :)
EmeraldMoon

shewhobikes
04-22-2005, 04:29 AM
We vacationed there a couple of years ago. Wow, what a gorgeous spot! Waaay far away from here...have fun riding. :)

bikerHen
04-22-2005, 06:49 AM
Hi, I've been inspired to start pushing for some distance too! I'm in Spokane but we spent many a mile across the state line last summer. What did you have in mind? :)

EmeraldMoon
04-22-2005, 09:07 AM
Well I'm wavering on the side of training for the 2006 Big Ride with the ALAW which travels from Seattle to D.C. Something I've been thinking about for the last few years, but if I keep thinking I'll be 80 before I know it. lol Now that's a Big Ride! But I am in so so shape phyically, but still capable of doing a pretty good bike ride....for me anyway. I was planning on riding the Hiawatha and the Trails of CDA and Centenniel Trail during the nice weather months. I've been doing some research which is how I found this site, but in the meantime I have come across so many different groups and organizations that do LD rides...less than cross country, but long nonetheless. There is a ride I found that starts at the Kootenai Fairgrounds, which lasts I believe 5 days that sounds like fun if I thought I could manage the 60+ miles a day.

bikerHen
04-23-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm not sure I'm up to 60 miles a day for 5 days, but I would love to spend some time on the aforementioned trails. If you're up for it, PM me. Maybe we could set up a time and a trail to train together. I was also wondering what your average distance per ride and average speed is? (Want to make sure I can keep up with you! :) )