PDA

View Full Version : Selling Pearl Izumi Shorts

CorsairMac
04-18-2005, 07:52 PM
http://www.pearlizumi.com/pearlizumi/site/catalog/product.aspx?iProductTypeSubID=13&iProductID=3786&iProductColorsTB=8998

SadieKate
04-19-2005, 07:20 AM
Corsair, have you contacted PI? They have a very good customer service department and might be willing to take the shorts and give you something else (like a jersey) in return. I think you have a legitimate complaint.

CorsairMac
04-19-2005, 12:04 PM
do you think so?........I didn't buy them from PI so it just didn't occur to me that they would be interested. Nor did I say anything to my LBS - most ppl don't do anything for an allergic reaction! :o

<------------me going to check out PI and see what they say!

CorsairMac
04-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Corsair, have you contacted PI? They have a very good customer service department and might be willing to take the shorts and give you something else (like a jersey) in return. I think you have a legitimate complaint.

Just as an FYI - I just called the customer support for PI and the man I spoke with: Jeremy, said he found it very hard to believe there would be anything in their shorts that I would be allergic to. He said no one is using all natural chamois anymore so it can't be an allergic reaction to anything in their shorts, especially if I washed them first. He also told me he didn't have any idea what to suggest but since they stand behind their product, that my best bet would be to take them back to the LBS and try to exchange them.
Great Help PI!
I'm now going to call my LBS and see what they have to say.
So my LBS won't take them back because they've been worn, they suggested I call PI back and try to speak to someone higher up.
Called PI back and explained that I was unhappy with their response and was asked if I had explained to my LBS that the shorts would be covered by PIs warrenty? I said no because PI didn't Tell me that. PI told me to call my LBS back and explain to them that PI would cover the shorts and they could contact their inside sale person if they had any questions.
Now my LBS doesn't know how to handle this - they're willing to take them back because PI said it was OK, but they don't know if I should get my money back or a store credit.
This has gone from the painful to the ridiculous! As of right now: the shorts are no longer for sale, I'm just not sure what I'm going to get out of this! LMAO

Corsair "no warm fuzzies here for PIs" Mac

SadieKate
04-19-2005, 01:51 PM
You didn't change your detergent? Are you riding on a new saddle that could have been treated with something? Maybe the LBS sprayed something around the shop? This is really, really, weird.

CorsairMac
04-19-2005, 02:08 PM
You didn't change your detergent? Are you riding on a new saddle that could have been treated with something? Maybe the LBS sprayed something around the shop? This is really, really, weird.

Nien, nyet, who knows! LOL.....actually I did Exactly the same ride yesterday on the same bike, the same distance in my Bellweathers and had not a problem. (read: ok..there is still some swelling which is getting better day-by-day). I even rode today in my Bells and still no problem. I was having issues that day while riding to work but thought it was the road bike. Took the Peugeot out for a lunchride and it was awful but I kept thinking it was just me being a wussy baby so I stuck it out. By the time I had to ride home, sitting in the saddle was agony for me and by the next day - having Anything touch me was very painful. I was very swollen and itchy - Nut pegged it as an allergic reaction and as soon as she said that I knew it, coz I've had issues before with that. I hadn't eaten anything I shouldn't have, hadn't changed anything else in my life but that. It's either the material itself or something (antibacterial agent maybe?) they put in the pad that I just can't seem to tolerate. PI did ask me the 2nd time if the problem was with anything else in the shorts and I said no it wasn't a Lycra allergy, coz the Only area effected was the area touched by the pad.

snapdragen
04-19-2005, 06:08 PM
New soap or body wash? Powder? Using deoderant tampons or pads? How to put this delicately.......forget anything up there? :rolleyes:

spazzdog
04-19-2005, 06:17 PM
whooooooooooo!

that'll leave a mark...er, a problem. :eek:

CorsairMac
04-19-2005, 08:20 PM
New soap or body wash? Powder? Using deoderant tampons or pads? How to put this delicately.......forget anything up there? :rolleyes:

I wish - I have so many problems with allergies, I don't change ANYTHING unless I've completely researched it first and all my soaps, washs, even deodorants are all natural. Heck I'm allergic to tea tree oil, the SPF in lip balms, most chemicals in soaps and shampoos, the list goes on. As for tampons or pads - I'm just about done with that......4 months without one and counting! (thank the Lords of Kobol!) I washed the Bells the same time as the PIs and have had no problems with them. Someone also mentioned something about the right size - but I was wearing my 10+ yr old shorts all winter that were too big and had no problems them either. I was counting myself lucky that I wasn't one of those women with "issues" when it came to biking.....until this happened. I know PI uses an agent in their shorts - I've seen it listed in the specs of some of them. I can only guess this pair had that agent in it also, at this point I have not a clue but I have no desire to try PIs again! :rolleyes:

CorsairMac
04-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Just as an update - my local kid (sigh, darn it he's married with a new baby :o ) called PI and spoke to their inside sales rep who basically said do whatever it takes to keep the customer happy!......so I have now returned those shorts and have 2 new pairs of oh-so-comfy Bellweathers!.......Thanks for the suggestion to call PI! It may have started out very disappointing but it turned out all right in the end! (hmmmm literally)

SadieKate
04-21-2005, 12:10 PM
Yeah!!!!!! This way PI may keep you as a customer for their jerseys and other stuff. Appropriate decision on their part. Thanks for the update.