PDA

View Full Version : July 2005

snapdragen
04-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Another one of my favorites - Healdsburg Harvest Century Bicycle Tour.

July 16 - 60, 37 or 23 miles.

www.healdsburg.com

Hill Slug
04-18-2005, 06:01 PM
I did that last year, and had a great time. It was a beautiful day and was well supported. I can't do it this year since I'm doing the cycling leg for my team in The Eppie's Great Race (http://www.thegreatrace.org). :D

slinkedog
04-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Okay, what is "moderately challening?" This looks like a good ride to train for. I gotta find another ride to do. I'm slacking big time.

snapdragen
04-18-2005, 07:47 PM
Okay, what is "moderately challening?" This looks like a good ride to train for. I gotta find another ride to do. I'm slacking big time.

In Krebs talk I think there are only 1 chevron hills - and not many of those. It winds through the vineyards and is really pretty. I missed last year, but year before that it hit 105. I only did the 37 mile that day - decided heat stroke was not fun. I spent the rest of the day wandering around Healdsburg. (My doggies birthplace, by the way....)

Melody
04-18-2005, 11:11 PM
In Krebs talk I think there are only 1 chevron hills - and not many of those.

Ok. What does 1 chevron mean? :)

It winds through the vineyards and is really pretty. I missed last year, but year before that it hit 105. I only did the 37 mile that day - decided heat stroke was not fun. I spent the rest of the day wandering around Healdsburg. (My doggies birthplace, by the way....)

Have to say that this sounds intriguing. My issue isn't with mileage really, but instead, it's an issue with hills. I suck so bad at them.

Mel

Melody
04-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Actually, nevermind. I just checked my calendar and I'll be in Illinois that weekend at one of my bridesmaid's wedding. :o

Mel

slinkedog
04-19-2005, 07:26 AM
Mel, I'm a pretty poor hill climber, myself. You should come ride with me sometime. There are some short, not very steep hills really close to my house that we could go tackle. And it's really pretty riding, too.

Melody
04-19-2005, 02:12 PM
Mel, I'm a pretty poor hill climber, myself. You should come ride with me sometime. There are some short, not very steep hills really close to my house that we could go tackle. And it's really pretty riding, too.

I could definately do that and I think it would be fun. :)

For Primavera, we finally bought a car rack for the bikes, since we can only fit 1 bike inside the car at a time. It would have made going to Primavera difficult. :P I can send the hubby to go do his own ride, while we go off and do our own. He likes his own challenge. :P

Mel

slinkedog
04-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Well, you let me know when you're interested in coming down (I live in South San Jose) and we'll go. I can usually do any time Saturday or Sunday afternoons.... or as the days get longer, a post-dinner ride might be an option! :)

Deanna
04-19-2005, 04:06 PM
For non-hill climbers this is a great route--if it's not too hot that day. Nothing much more than rollers the whole time.

snapdragen
04-19-2005, 05:50 PM
For non-hill climbers this is a great route--if it's not too hot that day. Nothing much more than rollers the whole time.

That's what I thought Deanna. I was not in my peak shape the year I did it, and I think it was Chalk Hill that caught me by surprise. I went back later in my car and thought, geez snap, ya woos....... :D

slinkedog
04-20-2005, 09:16 AM
So, are you gonna do it this year, Snap?

snapdragen
04-20-2005, 09:24 AM
Oh yeah. I take any opportunity I can get to go away and play princess - stay in a hotel, take myself to dinner. :D I enjoy the solitude away from
work, family, etc.

Deanna
04-20-2005, 12:37 PM
I think it was Chalk Hill that caught me by surprise. I went back later in my car and thought, geez snap, ya woos....... :D

Chalk Hill is a stinger, especially if your going from North to South (128 back into Windsor). Nice on the downhill as there aren't too many sharp blind curves--you can really get going without having your wits scared out of you.

slinkedog
04-24-2005, 08:50 AM
I saw in another thread that you're still nursing that groin muscle. If you want to ride an easier ride that Diablo (!!) I'm going out this afternoon to do some rollers and short hills. I'm leaving for church right now, but let me know if you want to come via private message and I can call you. I'll probably go around 3:00 or so.

slinkedog
04-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Hey Melody... I'm actually not going to ride. I'm taking my daughter to the mall to shop for her 8th grade graduation dress. Mom/daughter bonding time. :)

Melody
04-24-2005, 02:28 PM
I saw in another thread that you're still nursing that groin muscle. If you want to ride an easier ride that Diablo (!!) I'm going out this afternoon to do some rollers and short hills. I'm leaving for church right now, but let me know if you want to come via private message and I can call you. I'll probably go around 3:00 or so.

Slinke, thanks for the offer, but we're being lazy today. :P We went to listen to my step-daughter's vocal performance at a dance competition last night and didn't get home till nearly 2. So, we're pretty tired today.

So, it's clean up house, bikes, etc. day :P

Mel

Melody
04-24-2005, 02:29 PM
Hey Melody... I'm actually not going to ride. I'm taking my daughter to the mall to shop for her 8th grade graduation dress. Mom/daughter bonding time. :)

Hope you two had fun! :)

Mel

slinkedog
04-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Thanks Mel! We did have a good time, which I wasn't sure about. Shopping for clothes with a 13 year old can be incredibly stressful. :) We found a cute dress, but didn't get it in hopes of finding something better another time. We'll see.

Well, I hope to ride this Saturday if you're interested. I'd like to try to do 30 miles or so... an out and back to Uvas or Chesbro. Let me know if you want to come.

Melody
04-25-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks Mel! We did have a good time, which I wasn't sure about. Shopping for clothes with a 13 year old can be incredibly stressful. :) We found a cute dress, but didn't get it in hopes of finding something better another time. We'll see.

Well, I hope to ride this Saturday if you're interested. I'd like to try to do 30 miles or so... an out and back to Uvas or Chesbro. Let me know if you want to come.

I will. I noticed yesterday how much constant riding really matters. After last week, I didn't ride monday or tuesday and only did short commute rides wed-fri and didn't ride at all Saturday. The short 8 miles I did on Sunday was exhausting. :eek:

I just need to get out and ride more again. :D

Mel