PDA

View Full Version : bikejournal.com Premier Club

SadieKate
04-18-2005, 09:51 AM
I'd like to encourage everyone using bikejournal to join as a premier member. We are heavily utilizing the site and actively asking for enhancements. Membership is very inexpensive ($10 per year) and if 50% of our team are Premier Members, the club earns Premier Club Status. This is a terrific site and provides lots of enjoyment for everyone.

Premier membership benefits:
--supports the time and expenses incurred with development and maintenance of the site.
--further establishes your credibility with other members.
--includes advanced features, such as graphing, enhanced stats, journal upload capability, etc. that will only be available to premier members when complete.

Clubs with 50% or more members having individual premier memberships will become premier clubs automatically. This is particularly helpful for state-, country-, or world-wide clubs with no central location. Premier benefits will only apply to those individual members who have gone premier, but the club will earn the polka-dot jersey as long as the 50% or better ratio is maintained.
We currently stand at 32% Premier Membership (8 out of 25). Slantz works very hard and is very response to our requests. Let's support his unpaid efforts. Personally, I'd love to see that Polka-dot jersey next to our name showing that we recognize and appreciate the site's benefits (just equate it to shopping on TE) :) .

Melody
04-18-2005, 10:35 AM
I love the fact that the site is free, but I'm one of those people who likes to donate to free sites that they frequent. :) So, I joined. Besides, it's only $10 and can help improvements to the site. :)

Mel

SadieKate
04-18-2005, 10:45 AM
Yep, you can tell who is a member by the pretty yellow jersey next to their name. I want a yellow jersey AND a polka-dot jersey (and some red Castelli shorts and . . . ) :p

MightyMitre
04-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Yep - I'm more than happy to pay to support the site, but not sure how I can do this from the UK. Any suggestions? I've got a Paypal account set up for when I use ebay.

SadieKate
04-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Thank you, MM!

If you go to the home page you'll see a yellow jersey icon. Click on it and it will tell you about membership. There is a PayPal link there.

There are members from an incredible number of countries, so I think this should work.

CorsairMac
04-18-2005, 12:15 PM
I tried to push the polkd-dot jersey on the other TE BJ thread but I think it got lost in all the exciting new members and the mileage chat! I appreciate you trying to get everyone to sign up, and I know Slantz does too. And I'm with ya Sadie: I want the polka-dot jersey next to my team name so I can look smugly around and say: "I may not be able to ride 300+ miles a day, but I have a polka-dot Jersey!!" :D

Veronica
04-18-2005, 12:29 PM
I should have a yellow jersey soon. I signed up over the weekend. :)

V.

SadieKate
04-18-2005, 12:38 PM

V.You're one of the 8 good doobies. I think we should get ourselves some red Castelli shorts to go with the jersey, don't you?

Veronica
04-18-2005, 12:43 PM
I saw those red castellis on a really slender woman at a tandem rally and they made HER look fat. Nope I'm sticking to black. I'm just too solid for any other color. Now if they had some with a red stripe on the bottom like the Amores. I'd consider those.

V.

CorsairMac
04-18-2005, 12:50 PM

V.

wooohoo V - wtg and tnx on behalf of slantz! I can't be sure but I thought I heard that you were getting the yellow cashmere jersey!

SadieKate
04-18-2005, 01:06 PM
I saw those red castellis on a really slender woman at a tandem rally and they made HER look fat. Nope I'm sticking to black. I'm just too solid for any other color. Now if they had some with a red stripe on the bottom like the Amores. I'd consider those.

V. EEEuuuuwwww, good to know. I've been lusting after them (just because they're red) and wondering if I could screw up my courage (and checkbook). Glad I didn't.

Veronica
04-18-2005, 01:30 PM
Yep, red's my favorite color too. I just ordered some new Castellis. Thought hard about red - but just couldn't do it. I'll stick to my red cashmere. As long as it's not too hot.

V.

nuthatch
04-18-2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks, Sadie - it's the right thing to do!

spazzdog
04-18-2005, 05:00 PM
As soon as my bike gets here (sometime tomorrow according to UPS) and I can get more miles, I'll send the man a check!

spazz

CorsairMac
04-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Spazz' new avatar is a pix of her waiting for her bike!! Once it gets there, Spazz won't be so spazzy anymore! ;)

snowtulip
04-19-2005, 05:54 PM
I paid, I paid...now I just need to start putting in some miles. Sorry I havent contributed any miles yet (why did I choose to go back to school instead of riding???) :confused: :confused: Do they offer a Masters in Mountain biking anywhere?

CorsairMac
04-19-2005, 08:10 PM
I paid, I paid...now I just need to start putting in some miles. Sorry I havent contributed any miles yet (why did I choose to go back to school instead of riding???) :confused: :confused: Do they offer a Masters in Mountain biking anywhere?
to make more money to support your habit in your twilight years?? :D

SadieKate
04-21-2005, 10:08 AM
From the Polka-dot Jersey! Won't someone else become a premier member and support the site? Don't you want a yellow jersey next to your name? Then, we can hold our heads high amongst all those other "wanna be cool" teams! :) ;) :D :p :cool:

SJCzar
04-21-2005, 11:54 AM
OK, I did it. Maybe seeing my mileage in writing (and knowing other more dedicated bikers can see it too) will keep me from slacking off as much.

CorsairMac
04-21-2005, 12:50 PM
Welcome to the board, welcome to BJ.com, and welcome to Team Estrogen!!...wooohoooo some major welcomes there SJ! and how much fun is it to see your mileage go up as you log in!!

SadieKate
04-21-2005, 01:00 PM
Thanks to CJCzar we are now at 50% and have earned the Polka-Dot jersey!!!!! :D :D :D :D

We now have 28, count 'em, 28 members on bikejournal.

As a side note, CJ, don't worry about how your miles compare to others. Ride for you! Not everyone rides the same stuff so their miles won't stack up the same. A mtbiker rides fewer miles than a road biker but sure puts in the same time and effort. A roadie who lives in the mtns does tons of climbing but fewer miles than someone on the flats. Miles are not the only indicator of a "dedicated" biker. Ride for your own goals and, most of all, have fun. Welcome aboard!

Crankin
04-21-2005, 01:20 PM
I signed up and paid yesterday. Sorry for being dumb, but where exactly is this yellow jersey. I understand the thing about TE getting the polka dots for having 50% being premier, but not the other.
I am using a different "name" at the bikejournal site.

SadieKate
04-21-2005, 01:25 PM
If you have joined as a premier member, a yellow jersey icon appears next to your name. On the home page of the journal, on the right hand side, you'll see both the yellow jersey and the polka dot jersey icons. If you click on these it will explain the benefits and give you a link to pay.

Is that what you were asking? Or did you pay and don't see the icon next to your name? It takes Slantz a day or so to process the payment and "award" the jersey.

Sorry if my response makes assumptions it shouldn't. :o

What's your bikejournal name or are you going incognito?

CorsairMac
04-21-2005, 01:30 PM
I signed up and paid yesterday. Sorry for being dumb, but where exactly is this yellow jersey. I understand the thing about TE getting the polka dots for having 50% being premier, but not the other.
I am using a different "name" at the bikejournal site.

what name are you using?.....if you're crankin...you got your yellow jersey coz I just saw it about 2 hrs ago.

<----me heading over to see the polka-dot jersey!!

I'm thinking ALL of us get to wear the She-Ra Tiara today!!!!

nuthatch
04-21-2005, 04:41 PM
I'm thinking ALL of us get to wear the She-Ra Tiara today!!!!

Woohoo! Thank you everyone!!! It's so fun to see those miles rack up - vertical, horizontal, rocky, smooth, skinny tire, fat tire, they're all fun (I'm starting to hum the Armour hotdog song...Fat kids, skinny kids, kids who climb on rocks, tough kids, sissy kids, even kids with chicken pox love hotdogs, Armour hot dogs, the dogs kids love to bite!!!) See ya'll over at BJ!

Crankin
04-22-2005, 07:02 AM
Yes, I'm Crankin, part of the unoriginal screen name I use on IM. I will have to go back to the bj site to look. I didn't ride yesterday, so I didn't look.

CorsairMac
04-22-2005, 07:39 AM
and Today our esteemed captains photo was up in the random shots!.......The lil nuthatch sure looks good on ya cap'n!!

I still don't see the polka-dot jersey but I'm wondering if it's coz we have 28 members and exactly 14 premier members??.....maybe we'll get the PD jersey when we have 15??

SadieKate
04-22-2005, 07:43 AM
I still don't see the polka-dot jersey but I'm wondering if it's coz we have 28 members and exactly 14 premier members??.....maybe we'll get the PD jersey when we have 15??

You see the jersey if you look at lists of clubs. View clubs, change ALL fields to ALL, submit the query and you'll see it. You won't see it if you go to the club home through "view my clubs" or whatever it is.

CorsairMac
04-22-2005, 12:33 PM
got it - I see the lil PD jersey by the teams names on the postings in the forums, but I don't see it by our team name! :( maybe it takes awhile to get sorted out??

nuthatch
04-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Corsair, I would swear I saw it when I looked yesterday. Now it's not there. Does it come and go as your ratio varies (total members/premier members)?

SadieKate
04-22-2005, 01:16 PM
I think this merits a question of Slantz. Amici Veloci is 66% premier members and I don't see PD jerseys next to our names in the threads either.

I think Team Estrogen is 50% so we're wavering on the cusp but we're there.

STRIKE THAT - Someone new joined (welcome whoever you are :) ) and we're down to 48%.

nuthatch
04-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Sadie, I just saw Amici's PD jersey in the big list of clubs, but didn't see TE's.

SadieKate
04-22-2005, 01:18 PM
See edit above. :(

Still doesn't explain why the PD jersey is not next to my name. AV is my primary club.

CorsairMac
04-22-2005, 01:20 PM
the wandering Polka-Dot Jersey?? :confused: :confused:

spazzdog
04-22-2005, 01:38 PM
well, you know how those "dots" can be :rolleyes:
-- they're so... round.

SadieKate
04-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Just received an email from Slantz:

Ah, thanks for the information. It looks like I have a bug in the forum code that calculates the premier clubs. I'll try to fix it by this weekend.

And yes, I am going to add a club selection box to the edit journal page as well as the capability to move all previous rides to a different team in the club management area. I've got that at the top of the todo list, so I hope to get to it soon.

However, Team Estrogen has (temporarily?) lost it's premier status so . . . .

spazzdog
04-22-2005, 01:53 PM
somebody send that boy some of them thar Monster Cookies!

SadieKate
04-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Slantz just emailed me - the dots have been rounded up or connected or something . . . :p

nuthatch
04-23-2005, 04:13 AM
Poor Slantz...that website is complicated and I feel for him (I'm a webmaster when I'm not riding). I hope he's not doing all this by himself. :eek:

CorsairMac
04-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Poor Slantz...that website is complicated and I feel for him (I'm a webmaster when I'm not riding). I hope he's not doing all this by himself. :eek:

Yes ma'am he is! that's why I keep trying to Not-be-pushy but.....about the $10. He did have some help when he did the upgrade and some of us finally convinced him that he might need some more moderators after a very sad incident involving one of the members during a weekend when Slantz was busy trying to have a home life and wasn't able to be there.

nuthatch
04-23-2005, 04:51 PM
That was that fellow who left the forum because he was flamed so badly about revealing race results before the OLN broadcast? I was really surprised that things got that "woofy" on BJ - I've been so impressed with how kind the guys are most of the time (not the case on other boy-dominated forums). Sometimes I wonder if Slantz envisioned how big and appreciated his little site would become or all this has kind of grown like topsy and surprised him!

I'm also so very impressed with what TE is providing us with here - it takes alot of attention and investment to have a forum like this. The administrators (Susan, Jeff, anyone else?) have a wonderfully light touch and yet you always know they are interested in what is going on and somehow keeping all the participants "safe." It's a terrific service to the women's athletic community! Now I should shut up and buy something, right? ;)

CorsairMac
04-23-2005, 08:29 PM
I finally got the see the Jobob Temple pix - although I guess in my mind Jobob and her bike were In the temple - on a pedestal!....so I'm just gonna pretend that's what I saw!!!

and yeah Nut - I think most of the good members convince Trekman not to leave but I guess it got really ugly. Bad enough that Slantz delete the whole thread! :o

As for "our" forum (did ya like the possessive there?!), I agree with Nut: Hats Off to our wonderful moderators! Although I gotta wonder sometimes what Jeff's face looks like as he reads some of these thread - like knees and boobs? LOLOL

spazzdog
04-24-2005, 06:25 AM
or will be once the updates take place!

(i couldn't take corsair's nagging anymore :D )

no.... really! it was/is a pleasure to pitch in.

nuthatch
04-24-2005, 06:26 AM
Yay, Spazz!! :D

CorsairMac
04-24-2005, 07:31 PM
Woooohooo Spazz!! you ROCK!!!...and the yellow jersey sure looks nice on ya hun!!

SadieKate (aka stat queen!) where are we now on our polka-dot jersey?? :D

SadieKate
04-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Woooohooo Spazz!! you ROCK!!!...and the yellow jersey sure looks nice on ya hun!!

SadieKate (aka stat queen!) where are we now on our polka-dot jersey?? :D

We're just over the threshold at 51.6% (16 of 31 members). So, we're there :D but teetering.

Nice to see the number of members growing.

CorsairMac
04-24-2005, 08:52 PM
wooohooooooooooooooo - we may be holding on to it by a thread - but we got our Polka-Dot Jersey!........if you click on your ID you'll see that pretty lil jersey right by the Team name!! It's also right there next to my team name on the threads I'm posting to over there!

Way To Go Ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bike Goddess
04-27-2005, 09:24 AM
All right already- now a Premier Member! Since we have so many newbies joining on a daily basis, maybe we should set up some kind of message on the club site at BJ so new members can become premier members right away!

What do you think, NUTHATCH, our Fearless Leader? :cool: :cool:

spazzdog
04-27-2005, 09:35 AM
Someday, when it stops raining (yep, again today... all day) I'll start racking up some more miles "for the team".

But by golly I've got that yellow jersey (the only one I'm to ever have :D )

spazz

nuthatch
04-27-2005, 12:27 PM
All right already- now a Premier Member! Since we have so many newbies joining on a daily basis, maybe we should set up some kind of message on the club site at BJ so new members can become premier members right away!

What do you think, NUTHATCH, our Fearless Leader? :cool: :cool:

Great suggestion, BG! I'm on it! And, BTW, anybody who has Club News or announcements, like real rides they are participating in, you are welcome to PM them to me and I'll get them up on the Club News area.

SadieKate, I'm going to borrow some of your text from the original posting in this thread for our Club area invitation to become premier, if that's okay....

Holy, Moley, we have 32 members over on BJ!!!

CorsairMac
04-27-2005, 12:33 PM
Someday, when it stops raining (yep, again today... all day) I'll start racking up some more miles "for the team".

But by golly I've got that yellow jersey (the only one I'm to ever have :D )

spazz

and may I say it looks Gorgeous on ya hun!.......yellow is Definitely Your colour!! ;)

All right already- now a Premier Member!

and a yellow jersey on a Bike Goddess is Very fitting if I may say!!

SadieKate
04-27-2005, 12:34 PM
SadieKate, I'm going to borrow some of your text from the original posting in this thread for our Club area invitation to become premier, if that's okay....Of course! Most of it was copied from Slantz' stuff anyway. He works so hard to make everyone happy and we're using the site so much that I think we should support him. Kind of like being an IMBA member.

nuthatch
04-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Just a reminder to all of us who are particpating in organized invitationals, crits, charity rides, etc. - we all have the ability to add those rides to the general ride announcements on BJ and list ourselves as particpants. It might be nice to have the rides listed on our team page as well so we can all see what is out there that we might consider participating in. It's especially helpful for new riders who don't know what's available.

SadieKate
05-10-2005, 08:27 PM
I just logged Bubba's evening ride to BJ and there he was! Jason in the lead at the last mtb race!

http://www.bikejournal.com/home.asp

AutumnBreez
05-11-2005, 01:02 AM
I got myself a yellow jersey on bikejournal.com and it feels so nice!!! Got it the same day I bought membership...Wow Slantz is speedy! I was expecting a full day go by before I would see it and that would have been ok.

Got to go for a ride...

nuthatch
05-11-2005, 04:11 AM
I just logged Bubba's evening ride to BJ and there he was! Jason in the lead at the last mtb race!

http://www.bikejournal.com/home.asp

Why, SadieKate, he's a hunka burnin' bicycle love! ;) Totally cool!!!

Thanks for joining up, AutumnBreez!!!

Veronica
05-11-2005, 04:41 AM
We'd like to get a race schedule for the boy. Thom likes to do event photography and it's always more interesting when you know the participants.

V.

SadieKate
05-11-2005, 08:16 AM
I know he is racing the crit in Rancho Cordova this Sunday: http://riostradaracing.org/images/Rio%20Strada%20Race%20Flyer%203%207%202005.pdf
She's cheerleading so she can't ride Slug Gulch.

He also races the Prairie City Mtb Series every Wed night in Folsom.
http://www.racemtbikes.com/default.htm

You'll notice the names of John and Linda Elgart on a lot of this stuff. They are the Voler reps I'm working with.

Jason also mentioned racing the July 4 Davis Crit. Don't know if that's a definite. Perhaps Petunia can enlighten us more.

caligurl
05-11-2005, 11:28 AM
i wish bj would let you add all your miles to two separate clubs :( :( :( but i had already joined another club.. but they aren't a premier club :mad: that should be a good enough excuse to drop them eh? lol!

i really like bikejournal! both hubby and i are premier members... i think it's definitely worth $10.00 a year!

Petunia
05-13-2005, 07:54 PM
I noticed that my Biker Honey was STILL the picture of the day on Bike Journal! Back off ladies, he's taken :D !

Veronica - I'll send you a list of Jason's races. It would be great if you and Thom could come watch. Maybe we could even get SadieKate to come and lead a couple of cheers!

SadieKate
05-13-2005, 10:14 PM
But, of course! I saved AG's yellow pom-poms.

CorsairMac
05-14-2005, 09:51 AM
i wish bj would let you add all your miles to two separate clubs :( :( :( but i had already joined another club.. but they aren't a premier club :mad: that should be a good enough excuse to drop them eh? lol!

i really like bikejournal! both hubby and i are premier members... i think it's definitely worth $10.00 a year!

you could split the miles maybe? or better yet - tell them you're going to join that OTHER club if they don't become a premier club!! :p

CorsairMac
06-03-2005, 02:30 PM
We've got so many new members, I thought I'd bump this thread to the top. For any of you interested in keeping track of your rides, there's a great, free site out there called BikeJournal.com. It lets you track just about anything and everything you'd ever want to track on a ride and we've got a team going over there: Team Estrogen. Gives everyone a chance to see what everyone Else is doing.........or you can keep your miles private if you so choose. We'd love to see ya'll so come on down!!! ;)

nuthatch
06-03-2005, 03:19 PM
And a postscript to that message, Corsair. I've been thinking of encouraging all our Club TE members to take the time to post the rides they are going to participate in so we can all follow each other's efforts. You can do that by going to the "RIDE" pull-down menu at the top navigation bar on the club home page at the BikeJournal website. If you have a favorite route in a PDF format, you can share it with us by posting it under the "MAPS" pull-down menu. A bit of trouble but sooo helpful to your fellow riders in your area!

P.S. Corsair, think we can catch up with Audio-A and Bike Goddess this summer?

CorsairMac
06-03-2005, 03:58 PM

heckie dern there cap'n, I'm doing everything I can just to stay ahead of YOU! ;)

*still thinking about how to ride all 3 bikes same time so I can triple my mileage*

Technotart
06-03-2005, 04:08 PM
I paid my 10 bucks tonite - I did notice there is a way to transfer miles on the club screen somewhere

Pedal Wench
06-03-2005, 04:38 PM

Umm,... I hate to tell you ladies, but my plans are for a double imperial century weekend... don't know if I'll make it, since I've been off the bike since Monday (did 1.5 hours on the trainer - that's really not any fun, is it???) but now that I've said it outloud, I might really have to do this!

Going to pay my way on BJ!

nuthatch
06-03-2005, 07:05 PM
heckie dern there cap'n, I'm doing everything I can just to stay ahead of YOU!

And a fine job you're doing of it, too! Go cat go!!!

Umm,... I hate to tell you ladies, but my plans are for a double imperial century weekend

Curses!!! Foiled again!! My weekend ride will be short and no ride at all next weekend so my "slip will be showing" on the mileage list pretty soon.

I just noticed that I posted the idea to register your rides earlier in this thread and then repeated myself - what a drag it is getting old... :o

P.S. Thanks for joining up, Techno! I think we discuss transfering club miles somewhere around here.

CorsairMac
06-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Techno: are you transferring miles from another club you belong to on BJ? or just wanting to add your miles to date?
If adding miles to date, just post as a journal entry your total miles and click the "bulk miles" tab. If transferring miles from another club....when you make Team Estrogen your primary club it will ask you if you want to transfer your miles!! and welcome to the team!

Audio-A....just coz you SAY you're gonna do it...doesn't mean you HAVE to do it! ;) I mean after all.....you HAVE free choice hun....you could just have a nice quiet day at home if you so choose and I for one would Never fault you for that!! (but if you do the imperial double....very good luck and my thoughts go with you!)

It doesn't look like I'm going to be MTB'ng tomorrow so I'm thinking of taking on another century. Ya know - to see if the extension to my route gets me my extra 4 miles and well ya know...other things!

Corsair "not the Least bit addicted to centuries now - I'm not, I'm Not" Mac

LBTC
06-03-2005, 09:37 PM
It doesn't look like I'm going to be MTB'ng tomorrow so I'm thinking of taking on another century.

Wow! I am humbled! I can not envision doing 100 miles of riding all at once!! the longest ride I've done yet was 75 kilometers!! and then I was sick after, so go figure. yeah, maybe now that we have that worked out I can start working towards it. so if I'm only supposed to add 10% from one big ride to the next, and I only do one big road ride a week, how many weeks will it take me to get to 100 miles if my last ride was 27 km?

any math wizards out there?

Namaste,
~T~

CorsairMac
06-04-2005, 05:15 AM
I added miles in 20-25 increments. My thought process was (in your case) I did 27 km so I KNOW I can do that....so I'll just add another 27 kms. If that works for you, you would be doing a metric century in 4 wks give or take.

and I gotta ask coz darn it Audio - now you've got me thinking: how far is an imperial century?

:( :( does anyone know of any Long Distance Riders Anonymous meetings in my area?

tatormc
06-04-2005, 01:27 PM
And a postscript to that message, Corsair. I've been thinking of encouraging all our Club TE members to take the time to post the rides they are going to participate in so we can all follow each other's efforts.

Thanks for mentioning this. I just added a ride on bike journal and saw another member from TE is already signed up. Maybe I'll see Technotart in Paris, TX in July.

Technotart
06-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Funny you should say that - we were just looking at the brochure a few minutes ago!! That will depend on my school schedule... :rolleyes:

Pedal Wench
06-04-2005, 05:56 PM
I added miles in 20-25 increments. My thought process was (in your case) I did 27 km so I KNOW I can do that....so I'll just add another 27 kms. If that works for you, you would be doing a metric century in 4 wks give or take.

and I gotta ask coz darn it Audio - now you've got me thinking: how far is an imperial century?

:( :( does anyone know of any Long Distance Riders Anonymous meetings in my area?

Hello, My name is Leslie and I'm a bike-a-holic. (TE gang: Hello, Leslie!)...

I doubt I'll be going a century tomorrow. I rode today with another woman, and we started out way, way too fast, so even though we got our miles in (sorry C-Mac - I can't help myself!) I'm feeling it tonight. I'm gonna ride, but we'll see about the mileage.

An imperial century is 100 miles, a metric century is 62.6 miles, or 100 kilometers. So, a few weekends ago, I did an imperial century, followed by a metric. I've never done back-to-back 100 mile days. Maybe next weekend... Sorry, I can't help myself!

Oh - Early on, I think it's important to slowly build up miles, but I believe that after a time, that 10% rule can get stretched, quite a bit. I was regularly doing 40, slowly bumped up to 50, and then rather quickly went to 60, 64, 74, 80, and then started doing 100's. No ill effects to speak of, except for this pesky addiction.

nuthatch
06-05-2005, 02:30 AM
Oh, so an imperial century is just a way of saying a century of miles rather than kilometers! I was thinking, hmm... were King George's miles longer than our colonial miles??? But I guess it would only be longer if you were riding nautical miles and then you'd be getting wet. :D

Technotart
06-05-2005, 04:29 AM
Work sure suts into cycling time, doesn't it? Or school - I dread the next semester starting Monday because it means a LOT less time to ride - I really want to be riding 100 miles every weekend and a couple 2 to 4 shorter rides during the week. It's gonna be hard!

Pedal Wench
06-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Oh, so an imperial century is just a way of saying a century of miles rather than kilometers! I was thinking, hmm... were King George's miles longer than our colonial miles??? But I guess it would only be longer if you were riding nautical miles and then you'd be getting wet. :D

Hmmm, so what did I end up with? I rode 62.7 miles, but it poured on the last 15, so was it a nautical century or just a metric???

nuthatch
06-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Aww, let's call it a nautical century and start a trend. Looks like Corsair got her imperial century in this weekend and I only got a, hmm, what would you call 40 miles sprinting away from a thundercloud and up big hills? Just mighty fun ridin' I guess! ;)

Pedal Wench
06-05-2005, 05:51 PM
hmm, what would you call 40 miles sprinting away from a thundercloud and up big hills? Just mighty fun ridin' I guess! ;)

Sounds like a heck of a good time!

And... way to go C-Mac!

CorsairMac
06-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Yup, I got bit bad. I did another imperial century (that just sounds SOOO much more important than just a plain "century) yesterday. and then for grins and giggles, rode another 50 today. Unfortunately, I don't have 2 back-to-back 8 hour days to ride a double imperial. hmmmm....I might just have to take a day off work to try that. And I'm with Nut on this one------if you're riding in the rain, it should be counted as nautical miles! ;)
As for mine: it started out cold - 56 degrees! :eek: I didn't want to have to carry warmers with me since my rides are all self-supported and I have to carry everything so I left them home. By the time I stopped by my LBS (6.50 miles from home) I was freezing and feeling downright whiney and cranky about riding 100 miles. As I climbed back on the bike I had talked myself out of doin a century. Soo 100.56 miles and 7:08 hours later...I got home riding the last 40 miles or so in 21 mph headwinds with 28 mph gusts. (gotta love this city) Guess it was a good thing I'd talked myself outta riding that century yesterday huh?

nuthatch
06-06-2005, 03:00 AM
Wow, Corsair! As a friend of mine would say, "you're just a glooten for punishment!" Hope you can still walk today! ;)

spazzdog
06-06-2005, 06:34 AM
Whooooo-eeee! I'm afraid of you grrl! :eek:

I think you're turning into one of those extreme long distance gals. Soon we'll be waiting for those "across America and beyond" road reports.

with respect,

spazzdog

CorsairMac
06-06-2005, 10:34 AM
Wow, Corsair! As a friend of mine would say, "you're just a glooten for punishment!" Hope you can still walk today! ;)

Heck cap'n, I ain't got no brains - I rode to work today too. But my tummy is feeling a lil peaked so I'm skipping my lunch ride.

and yeah spazz....those 24 hr endurance rides actually have more appeal to me than road races do. My momma always said I weren't right in the head.

skibum
06-07-2005, 09:16 AM
I had started using bikejournal.com at the beginning of the year but then ended up doing so much on the trainer that I didn't stick with it. I know you can log trainer miles but my sensor is on my front wheel so I'd have to estimate and I didn't really know how. So, I decided to just log outdoor miles.

I'm giving it a second attempt. I did a bulk miles entry and then added my two rides from last weekend. And, most importantly, I added myself to the Team Estrogen club :D Now, if I can just stick with it this time.

nuthatch
06-07-2005, 09:24 AM
my sensor is on my front wheel so I'd have to estimate and I didn't really know how. So, I decided to just log outdoor miles.

It's a bit of bother, but I moved my sensor to my rear wheel and mounted my computer on the seatpost. You can't read it when you are riding, which can be a blessing actually but you can get total miles, max speed, avg speed once you finish the training ride. I'm getting credit for every mile I ride, whether I'm watching red-winged blackbirds outside or a tape of the tour inside! ;)

skibum
06-07-2005, 10:06 AM
I never thought about moving the sensor and the computer mount. I'll have to keep that in mind. I don't really care about my seeing my mph and mileage while I ride but I do really like to monitor my cadence. I've gotten so I have a pretty good feel for what my cadence is without looking at it so maybe I wouldn't miss it as much as I think. And it would be good to know how many miles I log on the trainer. Those seem so much harder, they should count as double!

nuthatch
06-07-2005, 10:24 AM
Those seem so much harder, they should count as double!

Amen, sister! They should count for double just from the boredom level! And having to smell your own sweat! Eeeuuu! :p

Pedal Wench
06-07-2005, 02:17 PM
I just set up a trainer too. Not very much fun, is it??? I'm not going to count my miles there, just because it's not worth moving around my computer. If this lovely Atlanta weather would behave, I wouldn't care, but it looks like a week of training in the basement for me...

CorsairMac
06-07-2005, 02:24 PM
what??....Not counting those miles?....you mean I might just catch you yet???

(NOT)

Pedal Wench
06-07-2005, 04:24 PM
I'm serious!

The forecast all this week has little black clouds with lightening bolts... every afternoon! And, this weekend, according to the training schedules, I should be cutting back on my miles. Go for it, girl, cause the week after next, I'll be riding every day! Oh, and get ready, cause after that, I've got a hiking trip - ZERO bike miles for two weeks! I'll send you my Powerbars - you're gonna need it!

Technotart
06-07-2005, 06:05 PM
I just got a cateye astrale 8 for 29.00 - measures back or front miles/speed because there are two sensors, and it counts cadence!

GREAT for the trainer - now to figure out how to install it! nah.....I'll make the boy child aka LBS employee do it for me :)

Next thing I know Im gonna want a GPS and a computer that is wireless so I can bluetooth my ride info into my pc and upload it to directly to bikejournal.com...and a new polar that will do the same !!!!

now ya see where I earned my moniker?

nuthatch
06-08-2005, 03:09 AM
Corsair, there's hope yet we might catch Audio (for a brief period!) ;)

CorsairMac
06-08-2005, 09:53 AM
Corsair, there's hope yet we might catch Audio (for a brief period!) ;)

Maybe if we linked our bikes together and counted ALL the miles being logged on ALL the computers, we Just might be able to do that!! ;) (coz my vintage Trek came through Mon night....the sweet 1989 Trek 1100 with the 50 cm frame....which fits me like a driving glove! oh yeah!)

I just got a cateye astrale 8 for 29.00 - measures back or front miles/speed because there are two sensors, and it counts cadence!

GREAT for the trainer - now to figure out how to install it! nah.....I'll make the boy child aka LBS employee do it for me :)

Next thing I know Im gonna want a GPS and a computer that is wireless so I can bluetooth my ride info into my pc and upload it to directly to bikejournal.com...and a new polar that will do the same !!!!

now ya see where I earned my moniker?

ROFL tech...my first thought when I saw your post was: what happens if your back tire is moving faster then your front tire! LOLOLOLOL.....can you tell I"m Just not with it today! But thanks for the tip on the cateye...coz I'm seriously looking at those...trying to get my LBS to start carrying them. and tell me about the boy childs at the LBS.....I thought the US had outlawed child labour but these boys sure don't look much over 16!! :eek:

nuthatch
06-09-2005, 05:15 PM
I'm off the bike for a week. You guys want to share some of your miles with my bike so she doesn't get lonely?

Pedal Wench
06-09-2005, 06:11 PM
Aghhh- no worries - I've been on the trainer all week :( I haven't logged a mile since the weekend, and my good bike is on her way to Colorado anyway.(I'll be joining her shortly!)

Technotart
06-09-2005, 06:33 PM
Corsair...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I'm right there with ya! well ya know - on a trainer the back wheel actually DOES move faster cuz the front wheel aint spinnin!

So see? you weren't confused! When the boy child got his first high dollar computer, we teased him that he only needed it to make sure the wheels were spinning the same speed LOL

julbee
06-10-2005, 08:43 AM
Hi All!

I have a question about this....

Is it helpful for "newbies" who may not log a high number of miles to join or does it "mess up" the team stats?

I'm willing to help, in the sense of keeping the percentages of paying members up; yet, I don't want my doing so to mess up team stats somehow?
I'm going to be low mileage! (Hill slug!) :eek:

Thanks for your honest replies! :confused:

SadieKate
06-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Julbee - don't worry about how your mileage affects the team. This isn't about team stats other than just for fun. The intensity of rides for each person is different, such as a mountain biker or a roadie who lives in the mountains. The miles for these rides may be low but require a huge effort per mile. Look to your own goals and celebrate your accomplishments. The team stuff is just icing on the cake! We're the Ladies' Mutual Aid and Admiration Society for any goal you choose.

Personally, I've got to get back to practicing my wheelies. :p

Thanks for paying up and supporting Slantz. He puts in an incredible amount of time babying that site.

SK

LBTC
06-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Personally, I've got to get back to practicing my wheelies. :p

and if your sensor is on the front, your mileage will be extremely low! :p

I've got to work on wheelies *and* jumps! heehee

Namaste,
~T~

SadieKate
06-10-2005, 09:00 AM
and if your sensor is on the front, your mileage will be extremely low! :p

I've got to work on wheelies *and* jumps! heehee

OMG, how long can you hold a wheelie? :eek: Mine certainly don't last long enough for the front wheel to slow down!

You suppose we can get Slantz to add a column for number of wheelies per ride? :D

jobob
06-10-2005, 09:02 AM
You crazy ladies might enjoy this site :

Team Bikeaholics (http://www.bikeaholics.org/)

- jobob, who hopes to do a double metric this year, and maybe 200K & 300K brevets next year.
But don't tell anyone ... ;)

SadieKate
06-10-2005, 09:15 AM
You monster woman! Is Lee joining you in this goal? If you put any of the DBC rides on your calendar, give me a holler. Guest/bike-room is open (unless Yellow is visiting from SLC and then'll you'll have to flip for it and the sofa).

Ooh, that website looks good, jobob! I'm printing out the tandem article for lunch time perusal. I'll have to check to see if my kidney button training technique is included. If he hits a pothole without warning, the kidney button is punched (ah, not really :p ).

julbee
06-10-2005, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the information!
I'm always happy to support the team in any way I can! :)
I've placed my sensor exactly 1/2 way between the front and the back wheel so... I can get either an average of both wheels ..or can add the numbers of both wheels! lol! Try it! :confused:lol :eek: lol! :eek:lol!!!

CorsairMac
06-10-2005, 02:43 PM
You crazy ladies might enjoy this site :

Team Bikeaholics (http://www.bikeaholics.org/)

- jobob, who hopes to do a double metric this year, and maybe 200K & 300K brevets next year.
But don't tell anyone ... ;)

ok..this is scary jobob.......I had never even heard of brevet riding until I joined BJ.....now I want to BE one! I figured I better learn how to ride distance (walk) before I learn how to ride brevets (run). Plus the closest organized brevet rides to me are either CO or AZ so I would have to travel just to ride them (or maybe ride TO them - now THAT would be true bevet riding! LOL)

and Julbee: the team as a team has a mileage goal so any and ALL miles are Most welcome. Heck it's hard for me to convince myself to NOT log the tiny little - check-out-work-done-on-the-bike - rides just to help out the team goal! (plus I'm doing the RAAM route virtually so I'm taking every .10 I can get!) LOLOL.........as SK said....BJ is for you, you set your goals, you ride what you want, and have fun! and I saw your yellow jersey hun...it looked good on you!!

Nut: gosh hun...let me get to Atlantic City First, and then you can have some of my miles deal??? ;)

MomOnBike
06-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Has anyone else done this? Ride around the block an extra time just to make the Miles even - or a 'pretty' number like 34.56? Or take a 'scenic detour' just for Miles? Or alter your basic ride route slightly just to get that extra .2 Miles?

{blushing} Done all of the above. DH says that Miles is a hard task master. What does he know?

Mom(riding some odd routes)OnBike

skibum
06-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Yep, been there, done that many times. Just last night I did a few laps around the parking lot after a group ride to round myself up to the next mile. After getting lots of strange looks from the other riders, I made some excuse about cooling down. It felt a little weird to admit that I wanted that extra 0.2 miles.

LBTC
06-10-2005, 08:01 PM
OMG, how long can you hold a wheelie? :eek: Mine certainly don't last long enough for the front wheel to slow down!

You suppose we can get Slantz to add a column for number of wheelies per ride? :D

giggle
I was refering to your wheelie skill, dear! :p Actually, I'm not good at holding them for long, but I am good at teaching them...on a mountain bike. heehee I taught 2 newbies to wheelie for a pedal stroke after 5 minutes of instruction. ;) I cracked the code!

Namaste,
~T~

(but I am seriously out of practice and do need to practice both wheelies and jumps!)

SadieKate
06-10-2005, 08:26 PM
I cracked the code!
(but I am seriously out of practice and do need to practice both wheelies and jumps!)
The code -- that's truly what it is. When you find that sweet combo of power stroke and position

Jumps -- with my wrist injury, I'm being a good girl. I didn't even attempt air once while we were in Oregon last month. Unlike Smurf, I kept it on the ground on my favorite ditch crossing. I even slowed down on Phil's Canyon to be sure it wasn't just a reflex. Sniff, it was so painful to be the little old lady bringing up the rear.

Mom - re the mile, but of course! My first century was on a tandem in horrible winds. Geez, we were in pain at the end. I think it was 2 laps around the parking lot before the odometer clicked over to 100 and we could officially cross the line.

Pedal Wench
06-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Has anyone else done this? Ride around the block an extra time just to make the Miles even - or a 'pretty' number like 34.56? Or take a 'scenic detour' just for Miles? Or alter your basic ride route slightly just to get that extra .2 Miles?

{blushing} Done all of the above. DH says that Miles is a hard task master. What does he know?

Mom(riding some odd routes)OnBike

Who hasn't??? I've been known to do laps in the parking lot, laps around my house. I did a ride on a local bike trail, and I kept underestimating my distances. Rode past my car for a mile, came back and was still short, rode past my car the other direction, still short, one more loop in the parking lot... (why is a woman with a degree in engineering completely incapable of figuring out the math on the fly after 97.3 miles how far she needs to go to get her friggin' century??? I'm normally rather intelligent!)

nuthatch
06-12-2005, 04:58 AM
... (why is a woman with a degree in engineering completely incapable of figuring out the math on the fly after 97.3 miles how far she needs to go to get her friggin' century??? I'm normally rather intelligent!)

Haven't you noticed what a different place your brain is at when you go on a good, long ride? It's like meditation chanting or something - brain is unplugged!!!

Jubilee - I second or third all the aprobation! The TE club is for all of us! I'm so glad you joined and dumped your miles into the communal pot!!! :D

Corsair, Atlantic City?

CorsairMac
06-14-2005, 10:23 AM
My virtual RAAM route!!

As of tonight: I'll be in Effingham, IL eating pie at the little diner my dad always stops at on his way to St Louis! ;)

(check out the thread titled VRC3 - you'll see me there too!)

tatormc
06-21-2005, 10:35 AM
If you are interested in a bike journal jersey the link has been added to the home page to pre-order. This is not a commitment. Just a way to request what you want so the details and price can be finalized.

Technotart
06-26-2005, 08:57 AM
We are gonna shake that 50k from the TREES!!!!! Do we want to up it?

maggieH
06-26-2005, 11:58 AM
do you ever check your club standings? I do. I'm ahead of BikeMomma and chasing MomOnBike. Maybe I need a more descriptive username. How about GrannyGear?

BikeMomma
06-26-2005, 01:51 PM
I'm ahead of BikeMomma and chasing MomOnBike.
....and guess who's chasin' YOU Maggie! Muuuaaahhhaahaahaahaa (evil laugh) heehee :D

It's like that rider on the horizon that you see on a training ride.... :D

Technotart
06-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Awwwwww man!!!!! I want to be over a 1000 miles!!!! The next few weeks are going to be HELL in school tho, after that, Watch out! Im comin for ya!

BikeMomma
06-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Awwwwww man!!!!! I want to be over a 1000 miles!!!! The next few weeks are going to be HELL in school tho, after that, Watch out! Im comin for ya!
You'll get there, Techno! :D :D

nuthatch
06-27-2005, 02:48 AM
So, I guess we need to up that goal on BJ? How about 75,000? Think we can manage that before end-of-year?

Techno, do you commute at all? That's one of BikeGoddess' little mileage boosters - commuting all week, then the long weekend rides. I can count on an extra 60 each week from commuting and I have fun getting to work too - :p

Technotart
06-27-2005, 04:03 AM
I wish I could commute - I go to class 2 days a week, and then clinicals 3 days a week. No place to take a shower, and I'd have to wear spandex through the red light district in Dallas to get there - probably not a good idea!

I am hoping next year - when I am out of school and working, to work somewhere where I can commute by bike.

CorsairMac
06-27-2005, 10:42 AM
I wish I could commute - I go to class 2 days a week, and then clinicals 3 days a week. No place to take a shower, and I'd have to wear spandex through the red light district in Dallas to get there - probably not a good idea!

I am hoping next year - when I am out of school and working, to work somewhere where I can commute by bike.

Baby wipes in place of a shower and who cares about spandex in the red-light district??......they'd have to catch you to proposition you! :p
I'd say Go For It!

Corsair "commutes to work every day" Mac

Technotart
06-27-2005, 11:31 AM
The catching me is what I'd be afraid of - and I doubt I'd get a proposition!

CorsairMac
08-15-2005, 07:17 PM
With so many new faces I thought I'd give this thread a bump!!

ladies: looking for a place to track your stats, wanna see what all your online friends are doing when they aren't here?? Come join us at bikejournal.com. It's free and it's fun and we want You to be on our team!

Cap'n Nuttie: speaking of....have you upped the team goal yet??

nuthatch
08-16-2005, 03:35 AM
Yes indeedy! We now have a 75,000 mile goal for the year and I believe we are at around 50,000 miles now (club stats are wonky while Slantz upgrades the servers).

We have 48 members (yay!). Don't forget to log your miles, gals! ;)

When you log miles, you have the option of describing your ride, which will allow other club members to "see" where you've been and ride along with you in imagination at least.

pkq
08-16-2005, 08:28 AM
Guess I'm gonna' have to start watching for y'all at bj.

Bike Goddess
08-17-2005, 01:19 PM
pkq- Hey some of us are regular chatters! Maggie, Me, You, Sadie Kate....

AND Ladies- Ms pkq has quite a name for herself on the BJ. I love your picture and the guys are quite impressed with your riding skills. Need I say more? :D :D :D

pkq
08-17-2005, 04:50 PM
The guys are simply being kind. They like girls that ride.

Pedal Wench
08-17-2005, 05:35 PM
The after-work thunderstorms are KILLING my stats! I've been on the trainer all week, but I guess that doesn't count, does it?

nuthatch
08-18-2005, 03:39 AM
The after-work thunderstorms are KILLING my stats! I've been on the trainer all week, but I guess that doesn't count, does it?

It dang well better count! Those of us up in the frozen northland count on winter training miles to count! And they count double when you are doing trainer sprints with the Tour boys on tape! ;)

Pedal Wench
08-18-2005, 10:33 AM
Hmmmm, I might have to move my computer sensor to my back wheel then! I've only been logging outside miles! Well, until I do, I'll keep it honest and continue to only log miles I can document.

KatieBelle
08-18-2005, 10:53 AM
I joined the Team Estrogen team today on bj. I still need to do the Premiere Membership. I'll do that tonight. :)

bikerz
08-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Me too! I'll load up my paltry few miles this evening! I've only been tracking miles since May...

(Today has been my big "joining" day!)

nuthatch
08-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Hmmmm, I might have to move my computer sensor to my back wheel then! I've only been logging outside miles! Well, until I do, I'll keep it honest and continue to only log miles I can document.

I've got mine on my rear wheel all the time now. I mounted my display on my seat tube and, while it's hard to read on the fly, I don't spend so much time staring at it and feeling like I have to go faster. Now I practice my yoga breathing while I'm riding instead!

CorsairMac
08-18-2005, 02:13 PM

no no really audio - you don't need to count those miles hun! really....you don't! :rolleyes:

Welcome to the team katie and bikerz!!! isn't it kinda fun to see what everyone does/has been doing??!!

Pedal Wench
08-18-2005, 02:24 PM
no no really audio - you don't need to count those miles hun! really....you don't! :rolleyes:

Oh my! You're catching up - QUICKLY!!!! Don't worry, girl, I'll still only log real miles - but I've got a big weekend planned ;)

KatieBelle
08-19-2005, 05:34 AM
I paid for the Premiere Membership via PayPal. Can't wait to see my yellow jersey in a couple of days! Now to log more miles this weekend . . .

bikerz
08-19-2005, 08:35 AM
So I'm all signed up, and I typed in all my rides last night, but I can't seem to see anything much on the site - I keep getting time-out messages. :(
I guess this will be resolved with the new server? (I did donate to the server fund!) I'm looking forward to tracking my rides here!

CorsairMac
08-19-2005, 09:28 AM
I saw Katie there and N2Deep - welcome. Biker I don't see you there yet hun, if you still have problems email Slantz and he can fix it for ya!

and wow Audio: I didn't realize I was that close........not that I"m the Least bit competitive of course but 3.3 miles?....hmmmmmmm ;)

Pedal Wench
08-19-2005, 10:21 AM
and wow Audio: I didn't realize I was that close........not that I"m the Least bit competitive of course but 3.3 miles?....hmmmmmmm ;)

Hmmm,... I'm not that competitive either, but... bring it on! Just so you can plan accordingly, I've got a century tomorrow and about a 52 mile ride planned on Sunday. Again, not that this is a competition or anything.... ;)

(actually, tomorrow's ride might not be a full 100 - it's an unsupported ride, and I'm not sure how long it will really be, and since I'm leading the ride on Sunday, I don't want to burn out tomorrow)

CorsairMac
08-19-2005, 12:10 PM
Hmmm,... I'm not that competitive either, but... bring it on! Just so you can plan accordingly, I've got a century tomorrow and about a 52 mile ride planned on Sunday. Again, not that this is a competition or anything.... ;)

(actually, tomorrow's ride might not be a full 100 - it's an unsupported ride, and I'm not sure how long it will really be, and since I'm leading the ride on Sunday, I don't want to burn out tomorrow)

Too funny my friend - I'm going to be out of town tomorrow and next weekend is already booked so if I'm going to ride a century in Aug, Sun is the last true free day this month to get it in.....so Sunday will be my century!

Keeping you in my thoughts for both of your rides Audio: take care of yourself and enjoy!!

nuthatch
08-19-2005, 04:36 PM
Audio and Corsair, picture me waving from about 500 miles back! And that's where I'll probably be staying! :eek:

n2deep2win
08-20-2005, 08:54 AM
I saw Katie there and N2Deep - welcome.

Thanks for the welcome! :)

I have a question, I'm asking here because my comfort level on this forum is a bit higher. I have been dropping weight since cycling...WOOHOO! I've gone through the bike journal site trying to figure out how to change it, but I do have a habit of overlooking the simpliest of things... I want to permanently change it so I don't have to every time I enter my miles.

nuthatch
08-20-2005, 05:31 PM
I have a question, I'm asking here because my comfort level on this forum is a bit higher. I have been dropping weight since cycling...WOOHOO! I've gone through the bike journal site trying to figure out how to change it, but I do have a habit of overlooking the simpliest of things... I want to permanently change it so I don't have to every time I enter my miles.

I don't know if there's a way to make it stay the same. It looks like the field is meant to reflect weight change just as you would report different weather each time you ride, i.e. there isn't a default setting it will display every time you record a ride. You could take it out of your lineup all together if you didn't want to fill it in each time, I guess.

Hmm.... I went back and took another look at the Journal "configure" function and I guess I'm not sure what you mean. The previously entered weight will appear when you add a ride so you can modify it if you want. Or you can just leave it the same. Sorry! Welcome to the club, btw!!

Speaking of weight, I got to see Tina Pic (Quark) up close at the Downers Grove Women's USCF International Open this afternoon and that woman is so lean! It seems like most of the pro women are small gals as well as being very low body fat. Is there an advantage to being petite in racing those technical criterium races?

CorsairMac
08-21-2005, 12:42 PM
N2Deep: you can also contact slantz and tell him what you're looking for. I'm not sure what you're asking since I don't track weight but Slantz can answer your questions.

Audio: Please tell me you got to ride this weekend coz I rode along with you in my head. Woke up this morning with every joint aching and allergies in complete control and a knee that decided to remind me I'm 46 - so I didn't ride. :rolleyes: Actually - I didn't do Anything and that's ok. I've decided now I just need to change my plans for next Sat and try that century then! :p *rooting Audio from the sidelines*

DirtDiva
08-21-2005, 01:16 PM
Shouldn't there be a preposition in that last sentence? I mean, it could be an american vs. kiwi English thing, but the last time I checked, rooting someone and rooting *for* someone were quite different concepts! :eek: ;) :p

(Feel free to give me a virtual dead arm - I can never resist teasing people.)

CorsairMac
08-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Shouldn't there be a preposition in that last sentence? I mean, it could be an american vs. kiwi English thing, but the last time I checked, rooting someone and rooting *for* someone were quite different concepts! :eek: ;) :p

(Feel free to give me a virtual dead arm - I can never resist teasing people.)

wellllll now that would depend - since I want to be sure Audio got her rides in *rooting Audio from the sideslines* would be correct. I wanted to be sure she wasn't just standing around doing nothing (like me) but was actually getting out there and riding! ;)

and since I was riding along with her in my mind - I guess I couldn't be *rooting For Audio from the sidelines* coz I wasn't there either...I was mentally riding with her! ;)

*cigh* now I guess it's My turn to be dead armed (?? deadarm??) LOLOL

Pedal Wench
08-21-2005, 06:21 PM
CM - I got in some rides, but with the heat, not as many either day as planned. But, y'all will still be proud. I did a ride yesterday that went through the heart of Atlanta - which has normally scared the be-jeezies out of me, but instead of driving to the trail that I usually use to build miles, I rode my bike. I took a shortcut, so I only ended up with 92, and it was just too hot to do much more. Then today, I led a women's ride, and my course was 52 miles. But, it was about 95 degrees, and the ladies mutinied, so we cut it short to about 40. It was still a blast though. On the last group ride I did on this route, I got dropped about 10 miles in, but not this time! Yippee for me!

Is it just me, or can y'all check the club's stats? I get timeout messages, so I can't really check up on my progress!

nuthatch
08-22-2005, 04:12 AM
No, club stats are really iffy - we just have to hang in there until the new server is up! I didn't log any miles this weekend because I was at the Downers Grove USPRO Criterium. What a blast seeing all those big names riding that 1.2 mile course (with eight turns!). And Tina Pic won her 4th Elite Women's National Championship!

Bike Goddess
08-22-2005, 12:35 PM
There's a way to figure out both inside and outside miles combined on the BJ. There's also a stat for all outside miles.

Look at some of the BJ forums. I'm on team Mahi Mahi- Furnace Creek 508 race (crewing). Also Sadie Kate started a thread on Jelly Belly which is pretty hilarious. Scroll through- this group is VERY supportive as is the Women's group here. I appreciate that. Also can only talk about bike related subjects so it keeps the riff raff out.

Seeing my miles against others is a definite challenge for me. It's fun- sometimes someone will be .4 mile ahead. So, for sure I'll catch up the next day unless....that's the other fun part. Never know when someone is going to pass you casue they did a big ride the other day and just posted it!!!