PDA

View Full Version : first...but not last tri

kimberly
04-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Hi ladies, I just completed my first "sprint triathlon "yesterday. It was a 300yd. swim, 20k cycle and 5k run. Not an ironman but for this 49 year old mom I was mighty proud to finish! I don't have my times yet but I felt great about the swim and cycle. I'm not a runner and I was really beat at the end, but what fun! The nice people, atmosphere, the cool tri-bikes and gear and best of all the sense of accomplishment was "priceless". I'll do more this summer and would recommend them to anyone! I was so scared that I would be out of my league. Wrong! Old, young, in and out of shape, families doing relays, this is truly and event with something for everyone. April 30 I will ride my first century in the Eastern N.C. "Tour de Cure". A triathlon and a century ride were my 2 goals for 2005 (the year I turn 50). Since it's only April I guess I'll have to make some more! Thanks ladies, for your collective experience and support! I'm having so much fun. A bike has changed my life for the better. We are so lucky! Kimberly

CorsairMac
04-17-2005, 05:02 PM
*insert applauding emoticon here*......way to go Kimberly!.....Job well done!! and thanks for sharing it with us!! sounds like you had a blast!!

skibum
04-17-2005, 05:35 PM
Great job Kimberly! What an awesome accomplishment! I'm sure you'll do great and have just as much fun with your first century. Doesn't it feel good achieving those goals? And you can have so much fun dreaming up new ones!

spazzdog
04-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Good job Kimberley!

KSH
06-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Way to go!

I would also like to add... that I had MANY people over the age of 50... kick my butt at my duathlon.

It was great... I would know exactly how old the person was when they passed... because of the age written on their calf.

So, age has NOTHING to do with it! You can kick butt at ANY age!