PDA

View Full Version : bicycling.com personal trainer

Barb
04-17-2005, 12:40 PM
So...who has tried this? I signed up this morning and got some pretty strange results. First I noticed that it recommended 15.6 hours of cardio per week! I said I was a novice. I was able to correct that manually. Then I chose to train for a century and had the menu made for me. I went to the grocery, just to see what all this food would cost. Just for me, no extras, nothing for the kid, cost me $150.00. That is supposed to be one weeks worth (with a some food left over).

There were WAY too many frozen foods on the menu for my taste. On one particular day it suggested that I eat THREE lean cuisines for lunch! The program has me on 2500- 3000 per day. I know I will be weight training and riding more but sheesh, that's alot of food.

CorsairMac
04-17-2005, 04:36 PM
There were WAY too many frozen foods on the menu for my taste. On one particular day it suggested that I eat THREE lean cuisines for lunch! The program has me on 2500- 3000 per day. I know I will be weight training and riding more but sheesh, that's alot of food.

yeah - but they're Lean Cuisines! :D I don't usually go into things like that - my diet is so restrictive I can't eat over half of what they would recommend. and I live alone, 2 dogs, 4 cats and spend about $100 - $150 every 2 weeks just on food for me. Welcome to my world!

Bike Goddess
04-18-2005, 11:21 AM
BARB-I do centuries all the time (no kidding) and I don't eat nearly that much food- something is amiss here! :confused:

There are lots of suggestions on this forum for food- might take a little looking but we've all put in our two cents worth in for free! :)

spazzdog
04-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Who "sponsors" this bicycling.com nutrition site?

If they are recommending brand name foods, I'd wonder.

spazz - feeling a bit cycnical :rolleyes:

Barb
04-18-2005, 06:36 PM
You hit the nail on the head Spazz. It was all Lean Cuisine this and Campbells that. I couldn't eat all of that food and still get on my bike! I cut it down to about 1/2 to 2/3 of what they recommend in a day (depending on activity that day). That looks about right. I did the workout and rode (more miles than they suggested) and I feel pretty good. I don't think I will keep this up after the free trial.