PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to Loose the College Athletic Bulk

polly4711
07-19-2008, 07:01 AM
I need help. I just finished rowing in college (eligibility is over) and switched over to cycling. Before college I was 5'8" 135lbs. With my scholarship being offered, I had to be at least 150lbs... .my coach didn't want a girl who wasn't willing to gain some muscle. Well... in addition to my muscle gain, I put on a few pounds. I finished out at 160. I can tell that my body is not supposed to be this size (i'm not worried about getting back down to weight, I just dont want to feel as though i'm lugging around extra weight anymore). I know that you loose weight with more calories in than calories out, but I am in teh habit of having to replenish all burned calories. Is there a way to help cope with the feeling of not replenishing all these calories? I just dont know even where to begin to help loose this bulk.

beccaB
07-19-2008, 07:06 AM
Some of the low carb diets work for that, Zone and South Beach are probably the safest. Just be careful not to lose too much weight. I did that and let some get back on, but now I need to make 10 go away.

KnottedYet
07-19-2008, 07:07 AM
Try eating more high-fiber stuff, more raw fruits and raw veges.

That might make you feel full like your stomach is used to, as you ease off the high fuel intake you were consuming while rowing.