PDA

View Full Version : Nike Women's 1/2 Marathon....OR

snapdragen
07-19-2008, 06:51 AM
Snap Gets Off Her Butt

I am slowly going crazy, not being able to ride has taken it's toll. I find I'm retreating into myself more and more. I don't even want to talk about the weight increase :eek:

What to do? What to do? I can't swim (not because of my injuries, I really can't swim :o ), my knees suck, so running isn't happening. So it looks like walking is my exercise of choice right now. For a few years now, I've donated to others fundraisers in my friend Bob's memory. I've decided it is time for me to do something for him.

So I've gone and done it -- I've signed up to walk the Nike Women's 1/2 marathon. I went to an informational meeting a couple of days ago, I am really impressed with the whole TNT program. Coaches, mentors, nutrition advice, footsie doctor, getting out and meeting people -- tres cool.

I can do this, right? What's a measly 13 miles.........:eek::cool:

KnottedYet
07-19-2008, 07:00 AM
Yay, Snap!!

You go, girl! :D

maillotpois
07-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Yay!!! Go Snap!

(You might want to make the link in your signature clickable...)

snapdragen
07-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Doh! :o

luvs2ride
07-31-2008, 10:48 PM
you can do it Snap!

Both TNT and this run are AWESOME. I have done the full in 2005 and 2006. It's an awesome "CHICK" weekend. You will enjoy yourself and you rock !

ClockworkOrange
09-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Yo Snap, I want to sponsor you, only $20 but better than nothing, dosh is a bit tight at the moment.

I cannot access your site to pay, so please PM me with your Paypal details and I can send you the money.

Oh hun, I so empathise/sympathise with you, I had no idea that you were doing this and with all the problems too.

You go girl, remember all the encouragement I had. :)

Take good care.

Damn, just realised, I have another page open on TE, again, a post I am replying to on another of your threads! :rolleyes:

Hugs

Clock

PS When are you doing the Marathon?