PDA

View Full Version : Wanted heart rate monitor

SpinningSue
04-15-2005, 07:01 AM
Hi, I'm new to spinning (4 months) and absolutely love it! I bought the shoes and completed a 3 hr charity spin with no problem. I'm thinking of getting a heart rate monitor. I don't plan on doing any outside races but are there reason's this would be a good purchase? Is used OK? or should I go for new? I'm slowly losing weight by spinning and wonder if the HR monitor would help at all. Sorry if I have too many questions for this post? I love reading other people's posts. I find it very inspiring. Thanks!

doc
04-15-2005, 07:32 AM
Once you get a heart monitor you'll be even more obsessed - like the rest of us!
Go to the polar website, I think it's polarusa.com They have a lot of information about why you want a heart rate monitor. You can also compare the most basic thing to the one with all the bells and whistles. Once you know what your options are, then you can choose what features you want.

I bought mine on ebay very cheap and I'm very happy. I hear that voids the warranty though.

Welocme aboard

Adventure Girl
04-15-2005, 07:54 AM
This topic has come up a few times. Using "search" I found these topics. I hope you can find some good info here.
http://forums.teamestrogen.com/search.php?searchid=30407

SpinningSue
04-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Thanks for all the helpful advice. I checked out the Polar website and may even venture out to EBAY if I get the nerve. Ppinning is the only exercise I have found that helps me lose weight. It's been slow, but steady and I'll take that anyday. Especially since I'm having so much fun doing it. Who can say that about crunches!

spazzdog
04-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Wait 'til you get a bike and do it outside...

yee-ha!

"cowgirl " spazz