PDA

View Full Version : Tour of the Unknown Coast

wabisabi
04-14-2005, 11:31 AM
OK, it's called the hardest Ca. tour, but it has 50 mil and metric options! And it is in the beautiful redwoods; and the rain should have stopped. A few of us are going to do probably the 50 mile this year. So come on up!

http://www.tuccycle.org/rideinfo.html

Bike Goddess
04-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Well, that's the same day as the Santa Rosa Century down here and, I have to work that day so no rides for me! :mad:

I'm thinking later on in the summertime- July - August- September...

Bike Goddess
04-14-2005, 12:06 PM
If you happen to see some guys from the Benicia Bike Club, say hello! That's my group! Some will be doing the century- its a tradition. Yellow jackets- can't miss em! :D

wabisabi
04-14-2005, 12:27 PM
September is a great time, Bike Goddess, actually the entire fall is great--no morning fog, warm and clear, and of course the summer crowds are gone after labor day.

We'll watch for yellow jackets. A group of us from our semi-organized (anarchist?) bike group are going down for the Wildflower.

Bike Goddess
04-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Well I'll be one of the yellow jackets at the Wildflower! I'm doing the century so I probably won't see you until the end.

Its hard to find people on these large events. Do you have some way for us to identify you?

A number of women from this site are also planning to go. Wouldn't it be fun to join up at the end!

Fall ride in your area sounds wonderful. Maybe we can figure out a weekend after Labor Day! :D

wabisabi
04-15-2005, 07:49 AM
Oh, I'm doing the century also at the Wildflower--the first one in, well, a while! A number of us are going down for it---I think I am the only woman (also Passover, or more women would have come). I think we are staying at the holiday inn. We are way to anarchistic to have anything matching. I do have a turquoise-y blue Rivendell, though. Is there some kind of message board at the start?

Bike Goddess
04-15-2005, 10:00 AM
Not that I know of. We just have to be on the lookout for each other! At least you'll know us yellows when you see us! Not sure what I will be wearing underneath- depends on the weather. Have heard - cold in AM, Hot in PM.

Other words- climbing in the 1st 50 miles, last 30 miles against the wind :( . It should be a challenge, that's for sure. I hear the food's good.

Don't know where I am staying- probably with some other Benicia women at at Days Inn or something of that nature. I am not coming up til later as I have to work on Sat the 23rd. Check the Wildflower thread and you'll see the other stuff! :D