PDA

View Full Version : Like the Jett but with a Narrower Nose?

bboston88
07-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Ok, so the jett came w/my ruby. i was fine with it, a little squishy but otherwise ok. I just like a narrower nose.

I tried hubby's Selle Gel Flow. It was good but I wanted white so I ordered a Selle SLR. Just did my first RR and the seat was HORRIBLE. My bones are so sore I cannot walk stairs! Not muscular pain, bone pain. Uggg.

I may just go w/the Selle. My husband thought the extra pain could have been caused by the fact that i was going so hard. I don' t think so. So I think the Selle Gel Flow may still be in the mix. I will do a super hard ride on it and see how it goes.

In the meantime, anyone have suggestions for "like a Jett w/a narrower nose?" Do the mens versions have a narrower nose and are they similar?
Thanks

justforfun
08-08-2008, 06:45 AM
I think the comparable men's saddle might be the Alias. It has a narrow nose, which I also like, so I can spin away and not feel friction from the shorts rubbing on the nose.

You need to know I am a 6'-1", 185 lb (ish) male, so that may skew the perspective for you.

My version is the 2007, 143 incarnation, which does not have the embroidery of the older version, and looks very similar to the Jett. The only issue I have with it is there is minimal padding (definitely NOT squishy), which, for me, makes it great for up to about 40 miles. After that, I have not generally found it to be comfortable on the sit bones. On the plus side, those are the ONLY uncomfortable spots! It is also very light weight (250 gr), and looks, well, a lot like the Jett, which is a good thing.

bboston88
08-08-2008, 07:42 AM
I ended up with the Selle SLR gel flow (not women's specific). It works great for me!

Grog
08-08-2008, 08:40 AM
I ended up with the Selle SLR gel flow (not women's specific). It works great for me!

That's what I and my lovely partner (aka husband) ride, too.

Most days I really love it. Once in a while, especially if I have not ridden my road bike for a while, it feels odd. But I really like this seat and forget about this, even on 100 km+ rides.