PDA

View Full Version : trashy cat? opinions please!

archibella
04-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Does anyone have any trashy cat jersey's or shorts (and do you like them)? Some of the stuff they have on sale looks fun :p

www.trashycat.com

thanks!

SadieKate
04-12-2005, 11:13 AM
I'll be sure to let you know when my red sunflower jersey arrives :D. I've seen the cool stuff on TE but I'm not exactly a tiger print kinda gal.

I can't believe this place is less than 10 blocks from where I always stay in Phoenix. I must have driven by it a zillion times. Thanks for the referral.

SK

archibella
04-12-2005, 11:19 AM
lol! that's the same one that caught my eye ;) I was thinking maybe I'd try yellow.... and I completely agree about the tiger print.

Pedal Wench
04-12-2005, 07:19 PM
I love my black and leopard print jersey - WildCat2, I believe. I ordered the shorts too, but the design wasn't flattering on me - but I'm kinda hippy, and the vertical band of leopard print just made me look extra-wide. The chamois looked very promising though. I love the jersey - it's a very soft material that is kind of clingy, but it wicks very well. It also has a small zippered pocket in addition to the bigger rear pocket for keys/ID/etc. Nice touch, I think.

Pedal Wench
04-20-2005, 06:15 AM
After you asked about them, I went online for yet another shopping spree. Here's my report!

The Sunflower jersey is awesome. It had three very big pockets with an additional zippered pocket in the center. The material is very soft and silky. The cut is extremely flattering - fitted through the chest and waist, but then it really flares out for the hips, with no elastic. It is also cut fairly long, keeping things covered up. It never came close to riding up, and I'm pretty wide through my hips.

The Solid Separates also fits great - fitted through the upper body and loose around the hips, so it won't ride up. It only has a zippered pocket, but it's kinda roomy - probably about 4" long. I got the sleeveless jersey. It has a small cap sleeve that it very flattering.

I didn't try on the Signature jersey yet, but will report back if anyone is interested!

SadieKate
04-20-2005, 09:36 AM
Reporting in also. My red sunflower jersey made its debut on Saturday Rivendell Mt Diablo ride (http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=2532). You can really see how it fits in that photo, huh? :D

I agree very much with Audio's assessment. It fits like it was tailored just for me. I've got lots of curves, am vertically challenged and shortwaisted. The princess seaming means there is space for the bust but I don't have the normal tons of extra fabric through the waist. It fits much like Shebeest jerseys (the one with the princess seaming -Milano?) or the Terry Sun Goddess only longer. Since there is no elastic it flares over the hips really nicely.

The fabric is very soft and silky but it is not super breathable. Some jersey fabric has a more pique weave so that the air goes through it easily. This is a very smooth finished lycra, more satiny, so it aesthetically lives up to its brand name. It really is a gorgeous jersey and got two thumbs up from the WrenchBoy.

Pedal Wench
04-20-2005, 09:51 AM
It really is a gorgeous jersey and got two thumbs up from the WrenchBoy.

Don't know who they were, but I got a loud "woo-hoo" from two very cute and young runner-dudes. I assume it was my Sunflower (purple) jersey that caused that!

SadieKate
04-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Well, it does rather accentuate the positive!

Good to know the purple is pretty also. It was my 2nd choice only because red is my favorite color. WrenchBoy has been trying to decide if I need to add it to my wardrobe. Tough when your hubby is totally supportive of clothes shopping as long as it involves cycling.

Pedal Wench
04-20-2005, 12:25 PM
Well, it does rather accentuate the positive!

Good to know the purple is pretty also. It was my 2nd choice only because red is my favorite color. WrenchBoy has been trying to decide if I need to add it to my wardrobe. Tough when your hubby is totally supportive of clothes shopping as long as it involves cycling.

My BF is completely supportive of my jersey collection (although he's starting to think that I know have quite enough) but even worse, he's totally supportive of BIKE shopping! It's getting bad - luckily, I haven't found much that I want in my size. (Anyone have a 50cm carbon Bianchi they want to get rid of???)

SadieKate
04-20-2005, 12:32 PM
My BF is completely supportive of my jersey collection (although he's starting to think that I know have quite enough)

I'm sorry, you're going to have to translate this. What does "quite enough" mean? :D

Pedal Wench
04-20-2005, 03:06 PM
I'm sorry, you're going to have to translate this. What does "quite enough" mean? :D

He said that the next time he comes up here, he's gonna do a jersey count. He said that if I have over 10, I'm in trouble. I'm so far in trouble that I'm contemplating hiding some! Long sleeved, short sleeved, sleeveless, lots of pockets, small zippered pockets, reflective ones, short ride jerseys, long ride jerseys. He just doesn't understand :p

edit: Just opened the 'Signature Series' jersey. The material is very different from the solids and the sunflower jerseys. It has more of a stiffer waffle-weave that probably wicks better than the others.

slinkedog
05-17-2005, 08:42 AM
Has anyone tried their chamois? I'm seriously considering trying a pair, but I'm always wanting to be able to touch/feel a chamois before I commit.

Sparky
05-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Glad to hear someone else has to "touch/feel" the chamois. It is the first thing that I do when I look at shorts but I always figured if someone saw me they might think I was strange. I can't believe the thread they use on some of the chamois. It's like nylon! What our they thinking.

I don't know about the trashy cats chamois, but I did check out the website. I was going to order a top but the shipping was as much as the bra top.

slinkedog
05-18-2005, 11:20 AM
Hey Sparky... where in Indiana are you located? My husband is from Indiana and went to Purdue. His family still lives there about 30 miles south of South Bend.

Ali
05-19-2005, 08:47 AM
I recently got the satin shorts in blue. I was a little leery of getting something without checking out the chamois before hand, but when they went on sale, I thought I'd give them a go.
I love the colour, fit and styling, especially the silicone leg grippers and the 6.5" inseam. The chamois is getting better with wear, (it was a little stiff and I had a major "camels foot" whilst standing). I haven't used it yet for anything longer than 35 miles, but it is comfortable, if a little more minimalistic than my favourite chamois, which is in my performace ultras. The chamois in the ultras looks identical to the chamois in my husbands really expensive demarchi bibs, but the ultras are not my favourite short due to a short inseam (5.5"), that creeps up my leg as there are no grippers. Means I can only use them on the road and not for mtn biking.

My ideal short would be the trashy cat, cut, styling, inseam length and silicone leg grippers with the performance ultra chamois or similar. Overall I'd give them 4 out of 5.

Ali
06-07-2005, 09:45 AM
Update on the trashy cat shorts. I've being wearing them more or less continuously since I got them. (Well except for washing of course!)
I wore my ultras for a short ride today, and... they are just not as comfy - too much padding and 3" of chamois are not even sat on.

I prefer the more minimalist trashy cat chamois :)

Ali

slinkedog
06-07-2005, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the update, Ali! I'm starting to find that less is more in the chamois department, for me, too. :)