PDA

View Full Version : Bike Journal Random Photo

Veronica
04-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Had Jobob pop up! Pretty cool. Where was that taken?

V.

SadieKate
04-11-2005, 03:26 PM
I've had it pop up also. She must be special!!

jobob
04-11-2005, 03:42 PM
It must be the photo of me & Dusty in front of the Pulgas Water Temple on Canada Road in Woodside, taken on our Christmas Day Ride (since that's the only photo I submitted to bikejournal.com - if it's a different photo then I'll be really creeped out ...).

Lee & I actually did essentially that same ride again yesterday, it was much warmer out. Coinkydink?

- jo "extra special" bob

SadieKate
04-11-2005, 03:56 PM
. . . in front of the Pulgas Water Temple

Ok, I know that out here in the arid drought-stricken west we must pay homage to the rain gods, but I didn't know we built temples.

Veronica
04-11-2005, 04:06 PM
So when are you going to do that ride as an organized TE tide Jo? It would be cool to have our pictures taken at the temple!

V.

sarahkonamojo
04-12-2005, 07:05 AM
IMO Las Pulgas Water Temple is more then appropriate. Every sink/shower/toilet should be treated like a temple. But I live on Colorado now, so naturally I'd think that way. You might think the same the next time your showers are cold and last less then 5 minutes. (Circa 1975, the last BAD drought in CA?)

If memory serves, the Temple is the discharge point for the Hetchy Hetchy water diversion that starts near Yosemite. EVen if the engineers' intent was sarcastic in building the temple, it still seems appropriate.

SKM

SadieKate
04-12-2005, 07:32 AM
Thanks, SKM, this is most timely. The Sac Bee just did a reprint of all Tom Philip's editorials on Hetch Hetchy from last year for which he won the Pulitzer. I was just starting to work my way through them again. I'll check for JoBob's picture in it :D. Every state in the west should treat water as a sacred item.