PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Saturday morning ride

shewhobikes
04-09-2005, 08:06 AM
in Alabama. Just finished about 25 miles with the early morning group and broke my speed record w/36 mph...and no clipless pedal accidents to report! :D Thanks for all your encouragement and good advice on the pedal deal.

Hope everybody else has some great weekend weather! Off to buy flowers to plant in the backyard...

slinkedog
04-09-2005, 08:17 AM
What a great report! I'm so glad you had a great ride! :)

Isn't riding a blast???

shewhobikes
04-09-2005, 08:18 AM
I'm hooked. Who'd have thought at 49 I'd become obsessed about cycling? ;)

Bike Goddess
04-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Congratulations on mastering clip-ins! Now we expect speed records! :D

CorsairMac
04-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Hope everybody else has some great weekend weather! Off to buy flowers to plant in the backyard...

Congrats on setting a new land speed record and have a successful clip! As for everybodys else's weather: I can't speak for them but we had SNOW here in ALbuquerque this morning......you read right - absofragginlutly the Pits! It's supposed to be cold tonight and then be 75 by Tues!....*insert whiney Cors here* I do NOT wanna wear lots of layers again tomorrow, I"m sick of wearing layers and trying to stay warm and *screen fades to black as Kathie rides off into the snowy sunset still whining*

nuthatch
04-11-2005, 03:11 AM
Wasn't this a glorious weekend for the eastern half of the US! I set out with my riding buddy for a looong ride on Sunday but, unfortunately, she was clipless for only the third or fourth time and she fell at a stop and banged up her elbow. We had to come home and waste all that good weather!

My sister is in Boulder and she's getting that snowdump, Corsair - I guess you westerners pay for those mid-winter 70 degree days with these spring storms. Still, she wouldn't live anywhere else - she just loves it out there!

shewhobikes
04-11-2005, 05:26 AM
Congrats on setting a new land speed record and have a successful clip! As for everybodys else's weather: I can't speak for them but we had SNOW here in ALbuquerque this morning......you read right - absofragginlutly the Pits! It's supposed to be cold tonight and then be 75 by Tues!....*insert whiney Cors here* I do NOT wanna wear lots of layers again tomorrow, I"m sick of wearing layers and trying to stay warm and *screen fades to black as Kathie rides off into the snowy sunset still whining*

Aw, that stinks. I'm sorry. I'll be watching the weather in NM hoping it will improve for you soon. I hate layers too.

CorsairMac
04-11-2005, 11:55 AM
My sister is in Boulder and she's getting that snowdump, Corsair - I guess you westerners pay for those mid-winter 70 degree days with these spring storms. Still, she wouldn't live anywhere else - she just loves it out there!

I never thought if that - this is Spazz's fault. Since she couldn't throw a Real snowball at me while ya'll were getting buried this winter, she waited for ya'll to have Great weather and then dumped the snow on me!!....

I give Spazz...you win.....now please bring the warm weather back! *insert begging emoticon here*