PDA

View Full Version : Siskiyou Century

Veronica
04-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Thom and I would be up for shared lodging. Here's a site with some vacation rentals. Maybe I'll bring apple pie.

Shasta rentals (http://www.shastavacations.com/accommodations.html)

V.

SadieKate
04-08-2005, 04:48 PM
How close can we get to the beautiful metropolis of Yreka?

Veronica
04-08-2005, 04:52 PM
I didn't wade them through all. My inital ten minutes of research have not turned up much in Yreka. :p

It would be good to know numbers too. Am I looking for a place for 2, 3, 4 couples? Any singles?

Personally, I think it would be cool to stay in Weed. What a name! McCloud was a company town so that would interesting too.

V.

SadieKate
04-08-2005, 05:05 PM
If you want a vein clogging go old-fashioned lumberjack's breakfast, Hi-Lo's used to have what they call the Trucker's Breakfast. They used a cafeteria tray as the plate. Weed is a cool little town. It would be fine with me and not as expensive as McCloud, though there may be cabins that are priced just fine.

'Nother link: http://www.mtshastacabins.com/

I'm a single since Bubba will be in Idaho. Trying to talk J&J into it.

slinkedog
04-08-2005, 05:24 PM
I would most likely be a single. Blaine may decide to come, but I doubt it.

slinkedog
04-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Here's a cabin site that even has a "Rivendell" cabin. "What's it called when everything intersects? The Bermuda Triangle." (quote from Sleepless in Seattle)

http://www.cavesprings.com/vacation_rentals.html

spazzdog
04-09-2005, 04:01 PM
Serendipity perhaps?

slinkedog
04-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Certainly serendipitous! :)

Are you recovered from your trek out west, Spazz?

spazzdog
04-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Oh yes! I'm fine. Catching up on my school work.

Can't ride 'cause my bike is still out there with you grrls in CA. She's having her first "extreme makeover". The best plastic surgeons are, after all, in CA. :D

I've already got next years Cinderella on my calendar... that free roundtrip ticket will come in handy!

Bike Goddess
04-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Dunsmuir? Maybe on the way home AFTER the ride! It's about 50 miles to Yreka over hilly terrain. Yes, I-5 is a freeway BUT who wants to drive that far before a century at the CRACK of dawn? :( :(

I suggest we keep looking in Yreka- one night there, one night down the road (as in Dunsmuir). Party girl says- sleep tonight, party tomorrow! :D :D

The BG has spoken! :)

SadieKate
04-09-2005, 05:39 PM
I like V's idea of Weed. It's not as far as Dunsmuir, but the time we'll save in not repacking is worth staying the same place 2 nights running. Plus, if we want a group rental like a cabin, a 2 night stay is probably easier to arrange. Less work to make the reservations, make sure nobody gets lost finding the place, blah-blah-blah. Plus, 2 nights in one strange bed is less lost sleep that 2 nights in 2 strange beds. Weed is on the more open stretch of freeway past Dunsmuir so our speed can pick up again. Also, Yreka as NO group rentals. It would have to be motels.

Veronica
04-09-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm leaning towards this place in Shasta
Mt. Shasta Resort (http://www.mtshastaresort.com/lodging.htm)

A two bedroom chalet sleeps 2 - 6, depending on how cozy you want to be :p for $203.00 a night. You have a kitchen and there is a nice restaurant, so Sarah doesn't HAVE to cook, if she's too tired after the ride.

Yahoo says it's 41 minutes to Yreka from Mt. Shasta. Not a bad drive in my mind.

And hey we all go get manicures and pedicures at the spa on Sunday.

V.

SadieKate
04-09-2005, 06:05 PM
And hey we all go get manicures and pedicures at the spa on Sunday.
V.

What color polish is Thom going to get? ;)

I'd already been talking on the side with a couple of friends who don't post on this forum but I hope to see tomorrow. They may not be willing to commit yet, in which case they can alwasy find another place. This place does look good. I'm happy as long as I have my own bed; I can share a room but not a bed being a topsy-turvy sleeper.

snapdragen
04-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Oh, the Shasta place looks nice....can we stay longer? :D I'm still not totaly committed, but I'm leaning towards yes.

aka_kim
04-09-2005, 06:51 PM
I don't know yet if I can do the ride, but we stayed at the Mt Shasta Ranch (http://www.stayinshasta.com/phototour.html) B&B for a family reunion about 7 years ago and really liked it.

SadieKate
04-18-2005, 01:56 PM
V, are you willing to take on the group rental for anyone who wants to participate?

If so, when is your deadline? J&J said last night they want to go, but I think that if you are making the reservations they should be commiting directly to you.

Jason takes charge of our group reservations for Bend so they know how difficult it is to do this.

Veronica
04-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Thom and I will probably go with the place I listed before. Mostly 'cause I've never rented a house before and I was little freaked by cleaning fees. Probably the way it's always done - but shouldn't regular stuff be included in the cost?

Anyway they say the two bedrooms sleep six. I'm thinking there must be a fold out couch. One room has twin beds. We'll be cozy, but that would work for the 5 of us.

There are other options available too - single rooms with two beds for about 100. I like having a kitchen so we can eat before we go. Belgian wafflles with maple syrup and peanut butter. The frozen waffles are good, but I do have a prep the night before recipe...

V.

SadieKate
04-19-2005, 03:16 PM
OK, just wrote out the check and addressed the envelope. Signed up for the 103 miler.

I ride pretty well on granola, yogurt and a nanner so mornings are pretty easy for me. However a bit of coffee wouldn't hurt. I'll probably pack a cooler with breakfast and coffee makings (Peet's of course). Gosh, hope we're prepared. The ride is only 5 months away. :D

Veronica
06-28-2005, 08:28 AM
When Thom gets home from the doctor's this morning, I'll double check that we're still in and then I'll make the reservations. Finally! I'm leaning towards the double with a Lakeside view. Two reasons - it has an extra half bath and it has a deck. I'm a sucker for decks with even partial views of anything.

Are Jenny and Jason still in?

V.

SadieKate
06-28-2005, 09:32 AM
Just checked the pics - charming, my dear. :p