PDA

View Full Version : Bike Virginia

tulip
06-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Hi, I'm in the middle of Bike Virginia. This year it's in the southwestern part of the state and into Tennessee. That means lots of climbing! Yesterday's ride was 67 miles of rollers and some serious climbing in the last third or so. But it's so beautiful here! There are 2000 riders this year.

Today I didn't ride because i have to work, but tomorrow, the last day, is 45 miles from Abingdon, Virginia to Bristol TN/VA, where the car is. Then I'm heading to Asheville for some visiting before going back home to Richmond.

The Bike Friday is just fantastic. My legs are getting stronger (they have no choice.)

juliemcd
06-25-2008, 03:31 AM
Congrats Tulip, that sounds great! Be sure to treat yourself to some good eats at Early Girl Eatery in Asheville--I've heard its delicious.

Blueberry
06-25-2008, 06:20 AM
Ohhhh....Asheville food:) Yummy! I'm partial to the Laughing Seed myself:p:p

Have fun Tulip - sounds like a great ride!! We might try it next year (problem is it's usually over DH's b-day, and we usually plan another trip that weekend).

CA

tulip
06-26-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm working today at my brother's office just upstairs from Laughing Seed and down the street from Early Girl! Yum

Work's been awfully busy, so I haven't partaken in the delights of AVL, but perhaps tomorrow or Saturday. Great place, I'd move here if I hadn't JUST PUT AN OFFER ON A HOUSE IN RICHMOND ! Yeah!

Richmond's closer to the coast, so that's why I'm staying there. For now.