PDA

View Full Version : Chicago - Weekend morning rides?

Sheesh
06-23-2008, 04:55 PM
DH keeps telling me that I need to find someone women to ride with. I keep trying to hook up with some folks, but it never seems to work out. So, here's one more shot...

Any ladies in Chicago interested in riding Saturday or Sunday morning? The weather looks like it will be nice, so I'm hoping to get out there for a couple of hours... Let me know if you're interested! I live in Rogers Park, but am willing and able to go north or south!

Biker Jo
06-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Hey, Sheesh, sorry it's taken so long to respond. We're neighbors. I'm in Edgewater.

What kind of riding are you interested in doing? (How fast, how long?) And how early do you want to start?

On weekends I head north so I can get out of the city, but I'm not a fast rider, although I was really moving yesterday when that first storm came through - as a matter of fact, I had to take refuge on someone's porch in Rogers Park!

It sure would be nice to meet another local TE member!

Sheesh
06-29-2008, 12:40 PM
It would be great to meet up with you! I've only ever ridden south by myself (I bike commute along the lake path) bc I have no sense of direction and don't know the north routes very well. But, I've been north with my husband who is way faster than me. :rolleyes:

When scooting along by myself, I tend to average between 13-15 mph, but I can go faster when being pushed by others. I just get distracted when I'm by myself. How fast and how long would you like to ride? I can do anywhere up to 40 miles and be okay...

Want to plan to get together this coming Saturday (or even on Friday if you have the day off)?

Biker Jo
06-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi, Sheesh,

I hate to admit it, but you're faster than me! I usually average about 11-12 mph.

I'm not sure about this weekend because I have a very painful case of shingles, and the doctor put me on a pain pill, and I'm not sure how it's going to affect me. But if you're still interested in riding with this slowpoke, let me know.

Sheesh
07-02-2008, 08:20 AM
I, too, can be a slow poke! :) I hope you feel better soon! Maybe we can get together some time when you're feeling better.

Biker Jo
07-05-2008, 07:47 AM
Hi, Sheesh,

Thanks for the good wishes.

Just to let you know, I have been doing a little riding, and I actually don't feel any pain when I'm riding.:) I've even been able to go shopping for a new bike.

Maybe we can shoot for next Saturday, if you're free? And providing you don't want to go too early in the morning. (I'm not much of a morning person, unfortunately.)

Sheesh
07-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Ooh, I can't do this coming weekend because it's Super Week racing in Chicago. My husband will be racing and I'll be taking pictures. :cool:

However, Saturday, the 19th, works for me...

Biker Jo
07-06-2008, 08:01 PM
I think I'm working on the 19th. :(

Not sure what I have going on the 20th or the following weekend, but let's keep in touch.

Sheesh
07-07-2008, 05:37 AM
If you're around on the 20th, you should come up to Evanston to watch the Evanston Grand Prix (http://www.enhgrandprix.com/)! It takes place in downtown Evanston and it's a ton of fun to watch.