PDA

View Full Version : First Century Completed!!!

liner
09-22-2002, 03:47 AM
I want to share my success with all of you who gave me helpful advice and tips on riding a century. I completed my first century yesterday!!!! And the best part of it was that I felt great the entire ride. I expected to feel lots of pain near the end and that DID NOT happen. Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and advice.

Liner

ayermail2
09-22-2002, 03:51 PM
COOOOL BEANS!!! Congrats on finishing your first century!!! Glad to hear that it went well, also...

Vicki
10-03-2002, 06:14 AM
Way to go. First centuries are monumental, so now make plans for your next one. I'm riding my 2nd one this Saturday. I hope I do it ok, I'm used to riding flat rides, this one has some hills.

Vicki:)

cityslicker
10-07-2002, 10:46 AM
Vicki,
How did your century go? I also did one this Saturday in Palm Beach Florida. It was such a great experience. It took longer than I thought 10 1/2 hrs but I did stop a lot to eat and rehyrdate. It was hot! How'd it go?

Vicki
10-17-2002, 08:49 AM
cityslicker, didn't you feel awesome after you finished. I love the feeling of accomplishment it gives me. Did the century in Lufkin called the Pineywoods Purgatory. It lived up to it's name. There were hills and hills and more hills. The weather was cool so that helped. My husband and I rode together. It was fun riding with him and crossing the finish line together.
Those hills were tough. We rode 102 miles but it felt more like 130. Had a blast and can't wait till the next one. :)

zephyr
10-17-2002, 03:35 PM
CONGRATULATIONS to Vicki, liner, cityslicker, those of you finishing centuries!! That's such a great accomplishment.

....I'm still working on getting to the point where I can *consider* riding a century. Hearing your stories is inspiration for me! :)

Vicki
10-20-2002, 06:48 PM
Zephar, glad to hear that you are wanting to do a century sometime. How much do you ride now? It really isn't that hard to ride a century. Just take it at your own pace and have fun. So when do you think you will do one? Let us know, ok.
:)