PDA

View Full Version : Menominee River Century

SJCzar
06-19-2008, 09:28 AM
While looking for a ride to do next weekend I found this one. It sounds like it would really be a beautiful ride, and the rest stops sound good too (hey, that's always important).

Have any of you ever done it before? Anyone planning on doing it this year?

http://www.mrcride.com/highlights.html

Thorn
06-19-2008, 10:59 AM
The Menominee River Century is right up there with Door County. Just the right size--enough people to make it fun, but not so many that you're always looking around to make sure there aren't any squirrely riders near by. Fun, well-stocked rest stops. And, an art fair near the finish on the Michigan side just to add a difference.

We've done it twice now. Once for 50 and once for the 75. The routes are pretty and because you travel up one side of the river and down the other, they are flat and easy going.

We get in the car and travel for two types of rides--MRC/Door County Century because they're fun and well run; and rides in the Dodgeville/Bluemounds area because they're challenging. Each type has their own beauty.

Oh, and a shameless plug...Lake Country Century July 12 Oconomowoc :D

SJCzar
06-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks Thorn for letting me know what you think of the MRC. I really enjoy the Door County Century too, so if you compare it to that than it must be a good ride. I think I'm going to have to give it a try. It also looks like there's enough to do in the area to make it worthwhile to go up Sat. afternoon and hang out.

I'm fairly certain I'll be doing the Lake Country Century. I had originally planned on doing Rain but with the long drive there and the cost of gas it just seems to make more sense to stick with a ride that's close by (and more scenic anyhow).

mtbdarby
06-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Sue - I have a friend up there and he highly recommends the ride as well. Very family oriented, well run and beautiful scenery. I will most likely be up there too if you want to meet up for a bit. I'm not sure what route because I have to pick up the child in Plainfield on Sunday so I'm still working out the details. Shoot me an email if you want.

SJCzar
06-24-2008, 07:27 AM
Hey Dar,

I was going to call you about the ride but I figured that you are usually spending your Sundays on the road.

Absolutely let's meet up. I'll send you an email.