PDA

View Full Version : Armwarmer recommedations

Surlygirl
04-04-2005, 06:02 AM
Anyone have an opinion :rolleyes: on armwarmers? There are so many different kinds, fleece, lycra, coolmax etc. Which brands do you ladies like?

SadieKate
04-04-2005, 07:57 AM
My DeFeets fall down. My very old PIs are too short. My Hincapie's are just right.

Wee, wee, wee, all the way home. :D

SK

snapdragen
04-04-2005, 08:20 AM
I love my DeFeets, also have some red one's by Sheila Moon, but I've not worn them yet. jobob has some woolywarms from Rivendell that look nice too.

CorsairMac
04-04-2005, 09:03 AM
My Hincapie's are just right.

Wee, wee, wee, all the way home. :D

SK

*insert clearing throat here*....she was asking about arm warmers Sadie.....not Gorgeous George!! :p

Anyway - mine are PIs hmmmm...I have not a clue if they're fleecelined or not. My leg warmers are. It's been too cold for me to wear them!! I only use them when the temps are too chilly for sleeveless/ss (read the low is 75!!) but the high is gonna be in the 90 - 100!!!

emily_in_nc
04-04-2005, 09:09 AM
My Terry's in basic black fit me great (I'm petite). No complaints. They don't fall down. I also have a cool pair by Lin in yellow and red with cats on them that say "Scat" on them. Got them on eBay. They don't go with many of my jerseys, but I do love them! They were a size small and also fit great.

Emily

SadieKate
04-04-2005, 09:35 AM
*insert clearing throat here*....she was asking about arm warmers Sadie.....not Gorgeous George!! :p

Corsair! I promise, I was only thinking about the children's fairy tale!

By the way, Surly, I also have a bolero which I really like with sleeveless jerseys. I do find that fleece-lined lycra (like the PIs and Hincapie) are a bit more wind-resistant than DeFeets. The Defeets are extremely soft and comfy and I would like them except they just insist on falling down, and I don't have skinny arms (probably just defective ones).

DeniseGoldberg
04-04-2005, 10:06 AM
...I also have a bolero which I really like with sleeveless jerseys.

I have a bolero too - I got mine from Terry Bicycles, but it appears that they are no longer carrying them. They have a couple of sizes still available on their sale page. I looked for them elsewhere on the web, but I wasn't able to find a link for the manufacturer (Zoelle).

I also have the purple Sheila Moon arm warmers from TE (for those rare occasions when I wear a short-sleeved rather than a sleeveless jersey) - couldn't pass on the color, and the arm warmers work fine for me.