PDA

View Full Version : Cycle NC 2008

Blueberry
06-17-2008, 01:35 PM
DH and I are thinking about doing this ride this year - 1 week from Black Mountain to Oak Island. Anybody had any experiences (good or bad) with it? Anybody else going?

CA

tulip
06-17-2008, 03:12 PM
I have no experience with it, but I'm intrigued. Is it a camping/touring (self-supported) or sagged? Do you have any link I could take a look at?

Bike Virginia starts this weekend! Whoo-hoo, and I end up in Asheville to visit my mom and brother.

Blueberry
06-17-2008, 06:25 PM
tulip-

Here's the link: http://www.ncsports.org/cncevent1.php

It's sagged (and there is bus service to help retrieve vehicles at the beginning or end). Sounds good - but I've seen a couple of comments about it being slightly disorganized. I've heard great things about Bike VA - but that wasn't in the cards this year:)

CA

milkbone
06-18-2008, 12:14 PM
Sounds like fun...maybe I could try to plan for this year or maybe next... great way to see NC I'm sure...on the eastern coast...

:)

Gowest
07-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Hey Carrie Anne!!!!!

I don't know much about this tour - except that it is very much geared for the recreational/touring cyclist.

If you come this way you better look me up chick!!!!!

I will be in Glacier National Park riding in early August - otherwise I am here.

Debi aka gowest:)

Aint Doody
11-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Somehow I got on an email list for this ride and got notification today that there is a Week-end Ride in April. It sounds intriguing indeed, but I'm headed to Cycle Zydeco. It appears the week-end ride is about 750 people, but I cannot find a cost. Then you choose the length of ride you want to do each day, I think. The website is sorta vague on this. I'd like to hear about it, too, because I may be able to talk my 2 sisters (one in SC and one in FL) into doing this in 2010. Anybody know?

tulip
11-27-2008, 12:38 PM
I opted out of it this year because I wasn't wild about the route. I haven't heard of the weekend ride in April, but I guess I'll be at Zydeco then anyways. If the route is more appealing next October, I might do it.

Aint Doody
11-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Maybe after Zydeco this year we can see if we want to do that in 2010. It appears that it's 3 days and your choice of different distances each day. And apparently it moves around. But I couldn't find anything about a cost. Guess I'll check back on Mon. just to see.

And, Tulip, what about Bike VA? How was that?

tulip
11-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Bike Virginia is always wonderful--well for the last two years that I've done it. We've already booked the motels for 2009. Very well organized and lots of fun.

Blueberry
11-27-2008, 07:18 PM
We opted out this year because of the route too.

There's usually a Spring Retreat attached to Cycle NC - I'm guessing that's what you've heard of. Here's the info: http://www.ncsports.org/cncevent2.php I've never done it, but I've heard good things:) ETA: Doesn't look like they've put cost info up yet. You could always contact them and ask about a ballpark.

CA