PDA

View Full Version : Pardee Partiers

yellow
04-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Well, those of us who pedaled Pardee had a fun gig. The weather was great and we all made it through just fine!

After the ride we took the time to look at all of the very nice bikes in the "cage", from the Calfee with carbon everything (cranks, water bottle holders, brake levers, seatpost, etc., etc) to the titanium tandem (say that 5 times fast). Major bike envy!

Fun times! Here are all the pictures (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/suelizlee/album?.dir=/11e5) fit to print. The one of Sarah & Bubba is sooooooooooo cute!

And I was thinking about sending the one attached here to AB to see what they think (l to R: Sarah, Kim, and Sue).

y

snapdragen
04-03-2005, 05:08 PM
Ah, the traditional after ride beer....lots of carbs ya know :)

aka_kim
04-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Bud Girls we're not! Nice pictures, but what do the ones "not fit to print" contain? :)

Pardee gets 4 1/2 chainrings from me. Great course and rest stop food. My one tiny complaint, nothing for us vegetarians (all two of us I guess) at the post-ride meal.

And I'll stick to my Pyramid brews, that Bud Light was vile.

SadieKate
04-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Pardee gets 4 1/2 chainrings from me.

4 1/2 out of what? 5? If so, I agree. I'm glad we finally did this ride after years of friends recommending it.

Thanks for the pics, Yellow. I'm going to send the one of Bubba and me to the family.

SK

snapdragen
04-03-2005, 07:46 PM
And I'll stick to my Pyramid brews, that Bud Light was vile.

Ugh, any light beer I've had is vile! Gimme the dark stuff :D

yellow
04-03-2005, 08:17 PM
I passed on the beer at the event but we had poker night later in the evening. Between 7 of us I think we killed 6 or 7 bottles of wine. I ended up going out early (I was betting recklessly) and snoozing on the couch. I think we made it home at about 12:30 (that's midnight and :30, WAY past my normal bedtime).

I was absolutely useless today. We did manage to go for a nice 4 mi walk with the dog up at the lake. I reminded Brian that even though it didn't feel like exercise, it's more than most people walk in a WEEK! :rolleyes:

I definitely need to get more regular with the squats and lunges and deadlifts. I've kind of slacked off and I could really tell yesterday post-ride. Funny...I used to lift in prep for ski season. Seems it worked for other things as well!

CorsairMac
04-03-2005, 11:18 PM
Nice pix yellow! and thanks for the update.....I had the Pardee Party ppl, the Cindy ppl and Slinke all on my mind these past two days. Guess I can go to bed now and sleep knowing ya'll had a grand time and are all present and accounted for! :p

SadieKate
04-04-2005, 07:54 AM

Me, too! The dark stuff you almost have to "chew". :rolleyes:

cindysue
04-04-2005, 08:39 AM

mmmm, me too: Guinness yum!

SadieKate
04-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Has anyone been able to get onto this site? I can't access it from home or work. Just wondering if there were any pictures of us. There was a crash just as we got there. I think someone assumed they had to slow down for the film speed and someone behind ran into them or swerved off the road to missed them.

aka_kim
04-05-2005, 01:37 PM
No, I haven't been able to get on the site yet. I think the problem is with their server. Kinda funny they'd do an event and not make sure their server config was correct.

I didn't hear about the crash, and didn't see any problems while I was riding (and yes, I have to say it, a nice change from the usual problems you see at Cinderella).

AutumnBreez
04-05-2005, 02:44 PM
I got a peak...nice pics....look like you all had a grand ol' time!

SadieKate
04-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Nope, I can't see it. Autumn, what link or address are you using?

SadieKate
04-07-2005, 11:49 AM
I just received this response from www.milesphotos.com. The photos should be up in a few days.

You can go to the site Milesphotos.citymax.com now. I'm waiting for the server to point my domain name to new address same domain name Milesphotos.com.

I can look for your photo and put the photo that I find up very fast. then you could have a look! Do you know the time on road clock if so tell miles and give a description of how you look riding and colors head to toe as well as your bike Kind? colors? So far I have found five for five.

So sorry did not know that host would go down just as I was posting photos.
I had a very good shoot 99% of photos look very good.

Thanks Miles

slinkedog
04-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Wow... nice, erm, cleavage shot there on that shot on the homepage!! Is that you, Sadie?? JUST KIDDING!! :)

SadieKate
04-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Err, I thought the same thing. Makes you wonder about the guy's marketing savvy.

I do have to admit that a college friend thought it hilarious that my last name was frequently mispronounced as "brassiere" since I have the cleavage to match. :o So, she just used that as my nickname. Kinda glad we've all grown up since then.

snapdragen
04-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Kinda glad we've all grown up since then.

And WHO are you calling grown up????

snap"hands on hips, tapping foot"dragen

SadieKate
04-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Ok, you yell "Brassiere" at me across the Top Hat course I'm taking away the spiffy tattoo. Otherwise, you can be as childish as you want. :p Bubba is very proud of the fact that he has never grown up.

jobob
04-08-2005, 07:38 PM
you will so not get any sympathy from me
:rolleyes: :p :D

SadieKate
04-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Ah ha! The real you comes out. So, you'd like to be pawed by 5th grade boys? :D

jobob
04-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Bust-ed! :D

(ouch, that had to be the worst pun of my life)

Veronica
04-08-2005, 07:57 PM
No, cattiness now girls. :p

I do hope it's warm enough that I can warm my sexy sleeveless top though.

V.

SadieKate
04-08-2005, 08:06 PM
A cashmere tank top?

Veronica
04-09-2005, 04:41 AM
Alas, no... just lycra or something.

V.