PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new!!

Tar-Cat
04-02-2005, 05:38 PM
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Emily (Em or Emmy), and I'm a Masters student at UNC - Chapel Hill studying Exercise Physiology. I'll be done in a month and I can't wait!! Of course, I haven't found a job.

I've been cycling since I was about 5 I think, and I love it...but I just bought my first road bike a few weeks ago. So far it's going great, even better than I expected, and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I'm really looking forward to being a part of this great "community"!

Em

LBTC
04-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Welcome, Em! You'll love it here!! So many cool women, with so much knowledge and so many great ideas!!

Happy computing

and Happy riding!

Namaste,
~T~

Jo-n-NY
04-03-2005, 06:00 AM
I also would like to welcome you Emily. I am also pretty new to the boards and I have to say it has almost become a daily addiction. Coffee and the TE boards, even at work (as this is the highlight of my day).

But yes, I have and am still learning a great wealth of information from all these wonderful ladies and am sure you will also.

Enjoy!

~JoAnn

emily_in_nc
04-03-2005, 05:38 PM
...and a Tarheel (Go Heels!) and a cyclist! :D Hi Em, I live out in the Orange County boonies, near Efland. Graduated from UNC in '83 so am quite a bit older than you, but I just wanted to recommend you take a look at the Carolina Tarwheels bike club (www.tarwheels.org) (http://www.tarwheels.org). They are a great group and have rides most every weekend from the beginner level up to much faster than I can go. My husband and I ride with them when we can and also ride together. Orange County has some great cycling once you get out of Chapel Hill (traffic).

Welcome to the TeamE forum too - great bunch of women! :)

Emily

Tar-Cat
04-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Ladies. And Emily - I'm soooo excited about tomorrow night's game!! Hopefully I'll be watching it in the Dean Dome, but we shall see I guess...

CorsairMac
04-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Welcome to the board Tar! I agree with Jo - I'm not usually here this late at night coz I'd rather check this at work - since I have to sit at a doggone desk Anyway, and I spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more time here than I do working. Oops!!! ;) Glad to meet ya and hope to chat with ya again soon!

Corsair "ii'm not a tarheel :o " Mac

AutumnBreez
04-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Ditto to all, and especially that addiction of the TE boards and coffee !! caught my eye, before I knew it, found myself shaking my head yes...yes boards....coffee....as if in a hypnotised state much like Homer Simpson and donuts. Clarify: Besides my visits to the boards, I still manage to get in my rides on MTB- to and from work, and then once I am back home, I put on my other shoes and go for a ride on road bike.

Welcome Emily! Newbie here too! You will love it here I am sure of it!

Biking Chick
04-05-2005, 05:44 AM
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Emily (Em or Emmy), and I'm a Masters student at UNC - Chapel Hill studying Exercise Physiology. I'll be done in a month and I can't wait!! Of course, I haven't found a job.

Welcome to TE Em and good luck on the job search but before that ... good luck mounting your defense.

Congratulations to the Tarheels on their National Championship (this from a dyed in the wool Badger fan ... no hard feelings that NC ended Wisconsin's hopes for a bid to the big dance :) )

What a beautiful part of the country .... welcome again.

Cindy